In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Medication & Auctions --Bad combo

sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
Had some fairly major dental work Wed. Doctor gave me a painkiller and sent me home. No work, no driving, and so on. I check my E-mail today and find I've bid on a nasty rusted old bolt. When I talked to the wife she tells me I got out of bed and got on the comp. for a couple of hours. Don't even remember getting out of bed! Dentist should have warned me about operating a computer while "stoned". Maybe I have some legal recourse like the Mikky Dee's gal with the coffee. And since I've been outbid on almost every auction I've ever bid on, What you want to bet I win the bolt....... Oh Well

Comments

• sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the warning . . . I'm going to the dentist tomorrow about some impacted wisdom teeth . . .
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL, maybe you needed a bolt in that size (then you can buy a gun for it). I'm on pain-meds most of the time, it does make surfing more fun, but I have to really double-check myself on things requiring much though.

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTW, if you don't want it, contact the seller and tell them the deal. If he's a good seller, I think he can strike your bid (I'm not POSITIVE), but I think they can do that (in case of a known dead-beat bidder or one with bad feedback).

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A while back I bought a Valmet 76 (AK variant) in .223, the dealer only had 1 magazine for it but he said the Galil magazine would fit and they are fairly cheap right now (when compared to Valmet magazines). Well I came home and looked some up on good ole GB and bid on them ... a day or so later I found a Valmet website and they warned that although the Galil magazine "fit" the feed angle is different and best case scenario would just jam and miss-feed ... worst case it would shove the bullet back in the case and cause excessive pressures and possibly cause "catastrophic" damage to the weapon and/or shooter.

Ahhh, back to the point, I emailed the seller with whom I'd dealt with before and he said to just send him a few bucks for the final value fee and leave him positive feedback ... all was good [:)]

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.