In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H&K XM8 rifle for US Army

Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://www.scgonline.net/DI/WIB/No31/XM8.pdf

Interesting reading on the H&K replacement for the M16 & M4..

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
TIGER6

Comments

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judging from the mag release it requires a new design mag ... I guess we'll eventually have millions of surplus AR/M16 mags avaiable ... good for us shooters, but what a huge waste of tax dollars [:(!]

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    They'll probably redesign it to accept standard GI mags. This is a prototype after all.
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    I cannot belive that the US cannoy design a good new weapon for it's forces.[:0][:0][B)][B)][:(][:(][:(!][:(!]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Go HK!!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Looks like another piece of snot prototype. They need to get us a nice and simple weapon, that is accurate, dependable, and soldier proof. Hi tech is not always the best...

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    and it is going to what better than what they have now??

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    It won't be better... It will be NEW!! Gotta spend more money!!!

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appears thisn is a temporary / intrium step toward "tne next" version of new battle rifles..

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
    TIGER6
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Patbuzzard,

I'm not much of a fan of this one either, but I don't think there's anything more hi-tech to it than its funky look. It's basically a G36 with fins.
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to agree.. Some fancy exterior, but not much appears new under the hood..

George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
    TIGER6
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks similar to Special Weapons new modular MWS-15:
    (says mags and fire control group is same as AR-15 and it will be offered in 4 calibers of which separate caliber kits will also be offered)

mws%2017.jpg
    mws%2017%20exploded.jpg
    mws%2017-3.jpg
    quote:Originally posted by Todd (Owner of Special Weapons)
    The carry handle scope comes off with one button and under that is a molded in pic rail with flip up fixed sites. The big hole in the receiver is for ambi cocking handles the come out of the receiver at a 45 degree angle from both sides, the carrier handle is removable and under it is a pic rail molded into the top of the receiver, there will be 4 different carry handles with 3x scope with and without powered and none powered red dot sites. We are applying for a patent on the quick release for the carry handle so I can not show too much of that now, we can also not show the inside of the gun for the same reason.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.