In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Time

Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
Is there a website that gives the offical time?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    to change things. I guess this life long Rep. is going to change over to the Dem. party. Just can't stand the way we've been pushed from middle class to lower class. A Reagan and 2 Bushs are enough to make any one tired. Income went from $75,000 to a low $3500 in just 2 years. God I love this country, but the politics are kill'n me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Subject: The gift of time- Something we never get back!

The last wishes of Alexander the Great........
    On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:

1. The best doctors should carry his coffin ..

2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery ....

3. His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see!!

One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.

Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:

1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death,
    even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal ."

2. "I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth.."

3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world
    empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is: TIME.

We do not take to our grave any material wealth.
    TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED.
    We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.

When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back . Our time is our life !

The best present that you can give to your family and friends is your TIME.

May God grant YOU plenty of TIME, to share with all. We never know when he will call us home, then it's to late, think about it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There just NEVER is enough.

I just went and got a used tool box for my truck today. After I got off at lunch, I ran to town and bought the box, stopped to get a burger, and get some paint and primer.

Get home and start working on the box. Crap, not enough paint. * me, went cheap to boot and the first paint was crap. Back to the hardware and bought rustoleum and primer. Took MUCH less paint to do it, but the tool box is painted.

Ran off to do night feed. Now I am waiting for the paint to dry and mount the box on my truck. It is HOT outside, and I HATE the heat.

I still have 14000 other things to do, amoung them getting more planted in my garden. A neighbor stops in and asks if I would till his garden when it dries out. I said no problem, just call me when you want it done.

I have work to do on the house, amoung that is redoing the south porch. Boards rotted over the winter and broke. Whole thing needs rebuilt. I also need to get my outdoor forced air woodburner done and installed.

Then there is the bench the wife wants the boards redone on....

Some facia boards on the hose need replaced......

My truck needs an oil change, a drivers door, and both fron transaxles replaced.

Wifes truck needs a tune up and an oil change.

F**k. When the hell am I ever gonna be DONE. [:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    feb 6 issue and how much of hollyweird china owns ..and is still buying in....so all their ballyhooed ideas....and we are supposed to be worried about russia
  • Options
    edited November -1
    * It will take less time to take Iraq than it
    took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian
    compound. That was a 51-day operation.

* It took less time to find evidence of chemical
    weapons in Iraq than it took Hillary Clinton
    to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

* It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division
    and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican
    Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the
    police after his Oldsmobile sunk at Chappaquiddick.

* It will take less time to take Iraq than it took
    to count the votes in Florida in the year 2000!

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw a program on the Science Channel last night about time. A scientist at Duke University came up with a hypothesis that in some high adrenalin situations time doesn't seem to slow down, it actually does slow down.

To prove his hypothesis the scientist got a volunteer. He had him watch a screen flash a number until the number wasn't on the screen long enough for the volunteer to see it. To simulate the high adrenalin emergency situation they hauled him 120 feet off the ground and dropped him into a net. The volunteer read the number on the way down which he couldn't see under normal conditions.

I don't know if the scientist proved what he thinks he proved, but he proved one thing for sure. Some of these scientists are NUTS. [:D]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is it the democrats are going to accomplish for you?
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, if that happened to me, I'd piss on Reagan's grave.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What i hope the Dems do for me is stop stealing any moneys I've have left. Maybe stop trying to run gun control up my *. Stop Paying Mexicans from drawing ss. Get out of Iraq. Keep some of the money at home to help Americans. Congress put SS into the general fund so they could give them selves a raise, been done several times now. Also their (our great leaders) retire comes from there. I know they say it don't, but it does. Make it seperate again. Next finacial report get the budget report,and read it.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:Da-Tank:
    to change things. I guess this life long Rep. is going to change over to the Dem. party.

Dave's right. There is no longer any difference between the Dems & Repubs. I'm switching to Indept.. but, even that, is just rearranging
    the deck furniture on a sinking ship.

As long as the American (non) voter remains apathetic and refuses to
    take any interest in what's (politically) going on around them we're all going down together. Reregistering Indept. is just a little insufficient cry into the dark abyss ... but at least it makes me feel better/like I've done something - although, 'knowingly ineffectual.'[:D]
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Da-Tank
    What i hope the Dems do for me is stop stealing any moneys I've have left. Maybe stop trying to run gun control up my *. Stop Paying Mexicans from drawing ss. Get out of Iraq. Keep some of the money at home to help Americans. Congress put SS into the general fund so they could give them selves a raise, been done several times now. Also their (our great leaders) retire comes from there. I know they say it don't, but it does. Make it seperate again. Next finacial report get the budget report,and read it.
    Granted its time for a change,
    but I don't see the dem's doing any of the things your dreaming of ...

For too long the only choices we've been given it the lesser of two evils ... looking back at past performances, I don't think there has been a real American run for president in my lifetime [:(!]
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe not but I can dream.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I'm a Repub., but, I will look at the options out there, I will not just vote a "straight ticket", maybe...but damn, the Dems are just a gripein, whinning, no plan having bunch of snivelers...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I still belive the Republican are a much safer bet with our gun rights. They stopped the advance of the Clinton gun grab. I thank them for that.

Bush did a major tax cut and I thank him for that.

Our memories are short, we only remember how they handled the last big dispute, so think about it before making a change and going with the Kennedy, Schumer, Boxer, Feinstein, and Hillary crowd. That will get you full on gun registration and the same immigration policy and higher taxes.
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't tell me that the pile of democrap in this country is going to go against poor, uneducated Mexicans, any more that they will make a move against poor, uneducated blacks. Both parties are all smoke and mirrors on the immigration issue. They know it's a stalemate, so they can afford to say anything in the world, because there will be absolutely no action.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Republican are gutless, but democrats are an answer for nothing How can you buy in that partisan rhetoric???

vote for libertarian or constitutional parties!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3rd party.

Fight the brainwashing.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimber, who would have or who did qualify as a REAL American in your estimation?
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,416 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I'm thinking third party again(I voted for Perot[^])
    Da-Tank....The Democraps ain't gonna do nothing for ya.
    BTW my income almost doubled under Bush.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't vote for a Democrat if George Bush himself fired me, took all my money, and kicked my can.

Remember there is one good thing about illegal aliens...when they get the right to vote marijuanna will be legalized and we won't have to see another doctor to get prescription medicine.

Finally small time American farming will come back.

You can drive your car on hemp gas. Henry Ford did.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    3rd party.

Fight the brainwashing.

Exactly!
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: Originally posted by He Dog
    Kimber, who would have or who did qualify as a REAL American in your estimation?I'm mainly blowing steam because every President since I've been old enough to vote (1977) has been a disappointment. from the point of supporting the Constitution. Even Regan ... he passed the most damaging gun control laws since Johnson 1968.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.