In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber Opinions?

Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I'm seriously considering getting a Kimber as my new primary concealed/all-purpose handgun. I'm replacing my full-size Colt 1991A1. I love the 1911 design and would like to stick with it. There's nothing like the feel of a 1911!Anyhow, I've narrowed it down to the Kimber Compact Stainless and the Kimber Compact CDP. They both have 4 inch barrels and a slightly shorter grip than the standard 1911. Has anyone had any experience with these two handguns and can you offer opinions?Thanks!
Got President? Evil in 2012!"They may kill me, but there will always be more like me".

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil I just shot my new Kimber Ultra Carry CDP today and could not be more pleased with it. First round down the tube hit the X ring smack dab in the middle! The trigger pull is the finest I have ever experienced. Do yourself a favor - buy that Kimber. Then ask Kimber kid how to get the thing apart.
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I've never had any problem with Kimberkid myself, Don't always agree with him,but, oh wait, you said Kimber guns? Never mind!-Ralph
    Nothing very, very good or very, very bad lasts for very, very long.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EvilDo yourself a and DON'T take your wife with you the first time you shoot it ... that way when you say "Oh ... BABY!" You wont have to explain why you never talk to her that way anymore
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    UnclePatUnclePat Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimber-dudes,Does Kimber make a 9mm?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UnclePatNo Kimber doesn't make a 9mm, however most models are avaiable in 40S&W. I had heard rumors about a .38 Super but I haven't seen anything of them, I wonder at least for now it was put to rest in favor of the 40S&W and haven't heard any thing else about other caliburs being offered for a year or so ... doesn't mean it wont happen, but re-tooling for a market that has been strip mined such as the 9mm isn't too likely!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
  • Options
    UnclePatUnclePat Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    k-kid,Thanks. IMHO a 9mm will take out any bad guy; thus, I don't want to invest in too many different calibers. My Browning Hi-Power, Beretta 92FS and 9000S are all 9s, and I trust them with my life.Hey, Kimber, do a 9!PS - Does Kimber have a website?Thanx.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, it's www.kimberamerica.com Nice site...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UnclePat,I think the 9mm is a great round too, unquestionably the most popular centerfire handgun cartrige in the world, and as you say it "will take out any bad guy" ... I agree!What I was referring to when I said "re-tooling for a market that has been strip mined such as the 9mm isn't too likely!" I was just referring to the fact that every handgun manufacturer makes a 9mm, there are 1000's of 9mm models to choose from! Combine that with the fact that the 9mm 1911 concept didn't produce enough sales for Colt or any of the others manufactures to be profitable, why would Kimber try it?