In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR-15 Drum Mags?????

DiabloDiablo Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I was thinking about buying a 100 round Beta C-Mag and/or a 90 round Colt.Whats the 411 on these? Good/bad/ect.Going rate?Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going rate for a rebuilt CMAG is $450-$500 dollars. I've heard they function just fine, but, since it's a product for the girlie AR-15, I haven't tested one.:-)
  • Options
    DiabloDiablo Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil, The AR isn't a bad gun especially since it is so damn light. I have a M4 vert light and short and I have a Carbon 15 AR pistol.The pistol is a fun toy.I still love the Ak/G3/and Fal !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beta's are the best way to go if you can afford them, I've seen re-conditioned units selling in ShotGun News for $389, new ones which I haven't seen in a while were around $500-$650.They come with a load tool that you drop a 10 round stripper clip into, then push down the ram and presto! 10 rounds are loaded, pull out the empty stripper clip drop in another and repeat ... you can also load 1 round at a time if you don't have the load tool.Anyway there is no winding or anything, they work just like a regular mag ... but heavyier ... and bigger ... but at least its better balanced than the plastic one that is all on one side and not as cumbersome as having one big drum underneath!If you've ever tried one, you'll never want any other type of drumDont pay any mind to Evil ATF ... he's just jelous that you can't get more "stuff" for the AK's and they are so limited on what you can get ... leave it to the commies: "You can have it one way, this is it ... be happy"
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.