In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RICO lawsuit filed against Catholic Bishops..

turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
While the Catholic Bishops are seeking direction from the vatican on what to do about accused priests; they would prefer to transfer those accused to senior centers to be used as chaplains reports Reuter's this a.m.

In the meantime, authorities have filed racketeering charges against bishops accused of funneling hundreds of thousand of dollars to hush accusers.

Bishops also, are against one "strike your out" of the ministry policy.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/19/64420.shtml

"The great object is that every man.... everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting turbo Thanks! I usually figure civil cases are about making lawyers rich, but this may be the only way any justice comes to the church for the abused.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bahahhaha!!!!! This is the funniest thing I've read in some time.

Do you guys realize that the church is STILL trying to not admit guilt in their part in ignoring these sleaze bags????

Almost every thing I've read said that when they paid out any settlements they didn't admit wrong-doing!

Sick sick sick!

Merc

NO! You may not have my guns! Now go crawl back into your hole!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's kinda like OJ. How can he be innocent of criminal charges but guilty of civil charges where they is basically the same charges.

Why would they pay off and say OK we'll pay but we didn't do anything.

The Almighty Himself Entrusted the Future of All Living Creatures to a Wooden Boat.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"Audemus jura nostra defendere"