In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunbroker spying?

competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I was thinking, with the "login" and "cookies on" requirement before one can get full use of the new forum software, I wonder if GB can "track" our behavior on the forum now?

We all can see for example, how many times a particular thread is "read"; but I wonder if GB can see how long a particular member is logged in, what threads a particular member reads, how long he spends on a particular topic or thread, if he jumps over to the auction site, etc., etc.?

I'm sure such will be helpful marketing information--especailly for ad sales on the forum pages--but it still makes me think just a little...

But then I've always been slightly paranoid.

Edited by - competentone on 04/13/2002 17:56:41

Comments

• Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Nuttin' happ'nd

We only have a few special years with our children in which they desire our time, attention, and love. After that time is over, it is gone forever, and we will be the ones that desire their time, attention, and love. Make those few, short years count -
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The test was a failure, so I turned it into a real thread--or sort-of.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Competentone,

Just because i'm paranoid it doesn't mean their not out to get me.

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pair o noids beats a pair of duces.

The Almighty Himself Entrusted the Future of All Living Creatures to a Wooden Boat.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"Audemus jura nostra defendere"