In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Establishing new club

kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
Think its about time to establish a club for us newbies, I'll hammer out the details over brandy and a cigar tonight but definitely looking for suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a club guys and gals that have never owned a smoking jacket. [:o)]

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got a smoking jacket and some smokes to go with it, just don't know a lot of people the have the same[:o)]
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of the time this low-life idiot who didn't own a bike, and was always lusting after the motorcycle of a riding buddy of mine, says to my friend:
    "Hey man, I'm starting a new bike club. Ya wanta join?"
    "What kind of club is it?", asked my friend.
    "It's gonna be a really cool club", says the moron. "There's only two rules. (1)You don't need a motorcycle to belong, and (2)club members have to let other club members use their bikes."[:p]

Needless to say, my buddy passed on the membership offer.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Having been accepted to SSSSSSJ, We have no need to join anything.
    Lord Spiny
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody wants to outdo the legendary SJC.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have you any Grey Poupon sir?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK bad idea, I guess...
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:establish a club for us newbies,

By the time you make enough posts to "establish" a new club, you won't be newbies anymore!

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dunno, thought it might help foster a little comradery amongst the newbies. Little less exclusive with a requiem that every is out after 500 posts. Was just an idea, obviously not a good one as it got downed by a pretty good volley real quick. Oh well...
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Stick with what you do best "STINKY".

Sorry Joey, couldn't help myself!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stick with what you do best "STINKY".

Sorry Joey, couldn't help myself!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Stinky"? Guess I missed the joke [;)]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kingjoey, newbie really does not apply on this board. Some of us that have been around a while and blabbing enough to have a few stars aren't members of the Smoking Jackets. I was actually a founder, but had to quit, because like Groucho I won't be a member of any club that would have someone like me as a member. To be honest, you really did not miss anything, and you could very likely still join.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are our resident skunk hunter are you not?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear that. I find myself absolutely disgusting. I repulse myself sometimes. Why my girlfriend sticks around confounds me. I smoke cigars, enjoy hard cider too often, work late, seldom buy her flowers, have various guns being tinkered with on the kitchen table, I smell bad, shave every other day, and spend my money foolishly. I am everything that I shouldn't be in cultured society. [;)]
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    kingjoey...I've been around for a while and never quite had the time or desire to join the smoking jacket club. If you start a club like the "Beer Drinking American Shooters Club" I think you'll even get the smoking jacket commandos to join! Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH I GET IT NOW!!! LOL........I thought you were making a hygeine statement (which I wasn't going to deny either) [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was more thinking along the lines of "Ministers of Lead and Punishment". Open for suggestions though. Just thought it would be nice to start something with a little more substance and benefits. Maybe we could have "Beer of the Month" giveaways[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    powdersmoke: Would you be hoping that first giveaway would be Sam Adams brand?
    spiny
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    On January 15th I'm starting the Gun-A-Month Club.

AlleninAlaska

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    aglore;
    I'd be very interested in how that would work.
    Sounds like a great idea.
    That reminds me I should buy a $10.00 ticket from that other site.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner, which other site and $10 for what ticket? On the other site that I am giving away the 35 Whelen, you have to have your last 5 numbers of your DL or state ID in your profile to be registered to win. There is no $10 ticket that I heard of.

http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1247 here is a copy of the rules.

AlleninAlaska

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine