In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How long would it take?

screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
How long would it take for LEO to get to your house if you needed them?

While I was sitting here reading the posts listening to my scanner this past Saurday night I heard the Sheriffs office dispatch a car for a guy that apperantly has mental issues and was trying to commit suicide. It took a easy 35 minutes before the deputy found the address after he acknowledged the call. He had some trouble finding the address. There might be four patrol cars on duty during the busy nights.

The Sheriffs Office patrols 779 sq. miles with 26% being urban and the remaining 74% is rural. I live in the rural section. They finally got the RP (reporting party) help and took the guy to the hospital but knowing it could be "a couple minutes" to get LEO here just makes me glad I can fend for myself if anything ever happened.

I've heard the average responce time is about 8 minutes so how long would it take for LEO to show up if you needed them?

Comments