In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What would you do ?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
My new home WAS suppose to be stress free for me. I am in a district where 2 electric company's exist. I notified the one that will be hooking me up that I needed electric yesterday so the builders can go to work. The electric company now needs easement rights from someone besides myself ( I believe the other electric co )to provide power to me on a temp pole. They have to go over the top lines of the other electric co. I just talked to the supervisor building the home and he said electric must be in or they will charge me $100 day to build it. How would you handle it?

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I would call somebody who has political pull, or who knows somebody who has political pull. Think hard: Mayor, County Superintendant, somebody that may have pull w/ the electrical companies.

ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    First building a house is NEVER stress free. Second I would wait until the temp is placed before I let the contractor started.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What does your building contract say about the $100 per day threat?
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Pay It. I have had three houses built in my lifetime. I have gotten
    quite used to hearing, "there will be a fee connected to this" Around here there is only one electric copany. They will run 500 feet for nothing. After that it gets quite expensive. Friend of mine built about 1/4 off the road. Electric company billed him $6500. to run the poles and wire.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Contract says I provide electric service.. via my electric co. If not I have to pay the $100 day . No problem with them getting it to me FREE.. approx. 700' off the road and down the drive, but WHEN? After further thought I guess I will let the builders use my generator if the electric isn't there on a temp pole. I just might bill the electric co. for the inconvience or send them a letter stating I need power or will bill them.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Contract says I provide electric service.. via my electric co. If not I have to pay the $100 day . No problem with them getting it to me FREE.. approx. 700' off the road and down the drive, but WHEN? After further thought I guess I will let the builders use my generator if the electric isn't there on a temp pole. I just might bill the electric co. for the inconvience or send them a letter stating I need power or will bill them.

Are you trying to make them take longer? Be nice it will get you ALOT further in these situations.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cripe the electric co. has had 30 days already to get me electric. Gagirl, I want the home built yesterday. Anyone who drags their feet are in for a rough ride.
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bury the line.

99% of all lawyers make the rest look bad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gonna be overhead till the last pole then buried to the home.
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut down the other companies pole.[}:)]

Not now, I'm busy reloading!!!!