In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deliverance on the late show on TCM - f-words!

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Yep. TCM left all the "f-words" in Deliverance tonight. Of course, it's after midnight here. I don't know if they were showing it this way before, or if this is a result of the new FCC rule. I thought that was for the networks' benefit, but I guess everyone will take equal advantage of the new "creative license."

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• bmbuzlrbmbuzlr Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that's the way it was originally written, that's the way it should be shown.

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith,1787.

"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

If God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The context they are trying to represent makes the F bomb a bit less repulsive. When used as a true response to shock I don't find it repulsive. I'm pretty sure most children have seen adult in real life use it that way. It's when the F bomb is used casually that it becomes offensive. The situations portrayed in Deliverance and the wording of most modern hip hop/rap songs are worlds apart.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TCM is a subscription channel. The FCC rules don't apply (Thank God!).