In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can we confirm this info?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Nunn stated CaptFun reports C&R license holders may now use USPS for handgun shipments. I had not heard this. Anyone have confirmation on this? I don't see anything after a quick search of the Web.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure would be nice. But I haven't heard that.
    No takers so far so I am doubtful.[:(]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please show me where I said that. The law specifically states DEALERS. A Type 03 is not a DEALER. Only a Type 01 FFL can use USPS to ship handguns USPS.

A C&R qualified Handgun is still a HANDGUN in the eyes of the USPS and certain states. So, If you live in New Jersey and have a C&R you still cant own a HANDGUN even if it is C&R eligible without the appropriate NJ permit.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    doc said nunn said capt said it

gb gospel right there [:D]

now someone can say I said doc said nunn said capt said it
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hinny penny said [:D][:D]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I received a 9 Makarov C&R not too long ago by US mail. The seller was in NY and guaranteed it was legal. I had to sign for it.

I would not get my hopes up about many sellers shipping a C&R eligible handgun by mail. There are many on GB who will not sell any C&R eligible firearm to anyone but an 01 FFL.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    doc said nunn said capt said it

gb gospel right there [:D]

now someone can say I said doc said nunn said capt said it

I read it here. You cannot be held responsible for information passed around more than a whiskey bottle on a fishing trip. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Last word I had from CaptFun was that postal regs now allow a Type 03 to receive handguns." -nunn

This thread:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=661047

Not trying to start trouble of piss anybody off. Nunn said it so I was following up on it. Apparently somebody misunderstood something.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    "Last word I had from CaptFun was that postal regs now allow a Type 03 to receive handguns." -nunn

This thread:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=661047

Not trying to start trouble of piss anybody off. Nunn said it so I was following up on it. Apparently somebody misunderstood something.

quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Last word I had from CaptFun was that postal regs now allow a Type 03 to receive handguns.

doc said nunn said capt said it [:D]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a. Firearms meeting the definition of a handgun under 12.1.1b, and the definition of curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 may be mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm under 12.1.1g.

However paragraph G states

g. Curio and relic collector means an individual licensed by ATF to transfer or receive only those firearms de-fined as curios or relics by ATF under Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), section 478.11.

They probably meant Paragraph H which states....

h. Antique firearm means any muzzle loading rifle/shot-gun/pistol that is designed to use black powder or a black powder substitute and that cannot use fixed am-munition (except those that incorporate a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm that is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon that can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by re-placing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combina-tion thereof); or any firearm (including those with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured on or before 1898, or any replica thereof, if such replica:

1. Is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.

2. Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

So if your handgun is an antique you can mail it as a type 03. Typical Govt hogwash.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    but damn it no one follows my lead [;)]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    a. Firearms meeting the definition of a handgun under 12.1.1b, and the definition of curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 may be mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm under 12.1.1g.

However paragraph G states

g. Curio and relic collector means an individual licensed by ATF to transfer or receive only those firearms de-fined as curios or relics by ATF under Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), section 478.11.

They probably meant Paragraph H which states....

h. Antique firearm means any muzzle loading rifle/shot-gun/pistol that is designed to use black powder or a black powder substitute and that cannot use fixed am-munition (except those that incorporate a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm that is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon that can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by re-placing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combina-tion thereof); or any firearm (including those with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured on or before 1898, or any replica thereof, if such replica:

1. Is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.

2. Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

So if your handgun is an antique you can mail it as a type 03. Typical Govt hogwash.

That is correct with the exceptions of not convertable to rimfire or centerfire you can mail it to anyone from my reading of it.
    I had a package with an 1883 Reichsrevolver mailed to me from Canada. It was plainly marked "ANTIQUE FIREARM" on the package and customs form. No ammunition was available for it in normal commercial channels.
    It had not even been opened for inspection.