In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why do farts smell?

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
So deaf people can enjoy them too[}:)][}:)]

Which coincedentally is why I am down here posting right not instead of in bed....

I just don't understand my wifes lack of humor about this...

I guess there are a lot of things I don't understand and perhaps never will. Like why did Kamikaze pilots in WWII wear helmets??

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I guess there are a lot of things I don't understand and perhaps never will. Like why did Kamikaze pilots in WWII wear helmets??Technically, possibly, so that they wouldn't disable themselves due to a head injury before they successfully killed themselves! Just a guess!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by crash2usaf
    Like why did Kamikaze pilots in WWII wear helmets??

I know this is an old joke. But

Most folks seem to think that in the '30s and '40s, the helmets worn by pilots were hardshell "crash" helmets

They weren't at all. You can easily find photos of US WWII pilots flying around wearing a cloth side cap. US test pilots began to wear modified auto racing helmets about midway through WWII, but that practice did not spread to the USAAF, USN or USMC during the war

A primary function of the "helmet" worn by pilots was to house radio headphones. Another one was to keep the pilot warm- cockpit heaters were very bad back then in most planes, and at 20,000 feet, it is cold. An overlooked issue about kamikaze pilots wearing helmets is that it was part of their uniform

Here's a WWII Japanese flight helmet. This thing wouldn't save you from a crash. It's leather and rabbit fur

JapFlightHelmet.jpg
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1

Which coincedentally is why I am down here posting right not instead of in bed....

I guess there are a lot of things I don't understand and perhaps never will. Like why did Kamikaze pilots in WWII wear helmets??
    When you subject your wife to Dutch Oven treatment, she may understandably not find the humor in the situation.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

When you subject your wife to Dutch Oven treatment, she may understandably not find the humor in the situation.

Tell me about it. One of my ex's even brought it up in our divorce hearing as a reason why she wanted a divorce.
    It kind of backfired on her. The entire courtroom, including the judge, found it comically amusing.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

Tell me about it. One of my ex's even brought it up in our divorce hearing as a reason why she wanted a divorce.
    It kind of backfired on her. The entire courtroom, including the judge, found it comically amusing.

Talk about making grounds out of thin air!
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many moons ago man lived in caves. The caves were small for the most part and a whole tribe would have to squeeze into one to get out of the cold. A small fire in the center would give them light. With all those people in there farting and a small fire there were many explosions. Over time their farts evolved into a bad smell therefore giving them time to run like hell out of there before the explosion. Therefore saving the species from extinction.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do farts smell??

Imagine clean fresh air.

Now imagine that air passing through Rosie O'Donnell.

Any questions?

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    You may need to put more thought into fart vs just an old under the covers fart. I.E. wifes car keys + 1 farted in clear/glass cup upsidedown on top of her keys..[xx(]
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...This sweet, demure little thing can match me, toot for blart,
    anytime. "Spooning" is not a safe position.

[img][/img]CathyCooking.jpg
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie gets a A+ on his answer funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny[:D][:0][:)]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    You would think after this many years on earth, folks would learn not to "pass gas" in an evelator! I stepped in one earlier this week and was lucky enough to get back out of the door before it closed.

Man! Some folks are just sick!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    ...This sweet, demure little thing can match me, toot for blart,
    anytime. "Spooning" is not a safe position.

I've got a grandson (12) that can knock the socks off of any grown man eating a diet of pickled eggs and beer! I hate taking that boy anywhere!
  • slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Many moons ago man lived in caves. The caves were small for the most part and a whole tribe would have to squeeze into one to get out of the cold. A small fire in the center would give them light. With all those people in there farting and a small fire there were many explosions. Over time their farts evolved into a bad smell therefore giving them time to run like hell out of there before the explosion. Therefore saving the species from extinction.

The mental picture of too many farts and a fire producing an explosion turning the cave into a CANNON is too much! Must be one of those mornings.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen, we have reached a new low!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    quote:I guess there are a lot of things I don't understand and perhaps never will. Like why did Kamikaze pilots in WWII wear helmets??Technically, possibly, so that they wouldn't disable themselves due to a head injury before they successfully killed themselves! Just a guess!

well actually kamikazes did not crash a ship every time they went out.
    There's an awful lot of water out there, sometimes they would not find a target, sometimes they would run into a fighter sweep before spotting any ship and make a run for it.

the idea behind the kamikaze was to sacrifice oneself to kill the enemy, not just to commit suicide
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    for crying out loud.... Tell a joke and you get the "well Actually" back in the day they didn't even need wings to fly, they just used super glue, feathers, and a primitive methamphetamine... The problem with this tactic though is that if you had a sore throat the engine didn't work too well-vroooommm *cough cough*...vrooommmm!!!

Lighten up a little fellas..
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are fart smellers, I mean you guys are smart fellers!
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cb- "did you fart Ray? Did you F$#@in" Fart? How can you stand that?"

rb- " I don't mind it"

Now name the movie and name the characters
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOW...READ THIS ONLY ONCE, AND THEN REPEAT W/O LOOKING AT IT

"ONE SMART FELLOW, HE FELT SMART. TWO SMART FELLOWS, THEY BOTH FELT SMART. THREE SMART FELLOWS, THEY ALL FELT SMART."

THEN DISCUSS AMONG YOURSELVES
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for crying out loud.... Tell a joke and you get the "well Actually" back in the day they didn't even need wings to fly, they just used super glue, feathers, and a primitive methamphetamine... The problem with this tactic though is that if you had a sore throat the engine didn't work too well-vroooommm *cough cough*...vrooommmm!!!

Lighten up a little fellas..

Lighten up yerself. I give a few interesting facts and suddenly I'm a bad guy. Seems like you're waaaay too serious about preserving the precious virginity of your joke! [;)]
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tpacuriosity
    cb- "did you fart Ray? Did you F$#@in" Fart? How can you stand that?"

rb- " I don't mind it"

Now name the movie and name the characters

"Rainman". Charlie and Ray Babbitt. In a phone booth.[:D]
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do farts smell?

Usually because you have your nose stuck too far up someone's *.[:0]