In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An Arab Point of View (C&P)

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
"What we, as Arabs, should truly feel humiliated about are the prevailing political and social conditions in the Arab world -- especially in Iraq -- which allowed someone such as Saddam Hussein to...assume the presidency. We should feel humiliated that Saddam was able...to single-handedly initiate a number of catastrophic policies that transformed Iraq, relatively rich in natural, human and financial resources, into the poorest, most debt-ridden country in the Arab world, not to mention the hundreds of thousands killed and displaced. We should feel humiliated that some of our intellectuals, supposedly the representatives of our nations' consciences and the defenders of their liberty and dignity, not only dealt with Saddam, but also supported him.... The Arabs should have been the ones to bring down Saddam, in defense of their own dignity and their own true interests." --Osama al-Ghazali Harb, Egypt's Al Ahram center for strategic studies

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Hairy,

It's Arab's like this that give me hope. I hope the others will listen.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Saxonpig: My friend, I thought you were no longer going to be bothered with my posts on the Arabs. I hesitate to respond to you because I don't want you "chewing" the rug. [:D]

Please let me know if you are willing to read a rebuttal to your comments; thanks. [;)]

• bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    "What we, as Arabs, should truly feel humiliated about are the prevailing political and social conditions in the Arab world -- especially in Iraq -- which allowed someone such as Saddam Hussein to...assume the presidency. We should feel humiliated that Saddam was able...to single-handedly initiate a number of catastrophic policies that transformed Iraq, relatively rich in natural, human and financial resources, into the poorest, most debt-ridden country in the Arab world, not to mention the hundreds of thousands killed and displaced. We should feel humiliated that some of our intellectuals, supposedly the representatives of our nations' consciences and the defenders of their liberty and dignity, not only dealt with Saddam, but also supported him.... The Arabs should have been the ones to bring down Saddam, in defense of their own dignity and their own true interests." --Osama al-Ghazali Harb, Egypt's Al Ahram center for strategic studies

Same kind of thing happened with europeans and Hitler, Why should Arabs be any different? Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why can't that guy be King?

Saxon, the reason the Arabs didn't mind if Iraq attacked Iran is because the Iranians ARE NOT ARABS.

They are actually Aryan is you can believe that.

Hairy, what do you know about the "Minutes of the
    Elders of Zion"?
    I understand it was revealed as a fake.

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    P3skyking: [quoteHairy, what do you know about the "Minutes of the
    Elders of Zion"? I understand it was revealed as a fake.][/quote]I agree; I understood it was written in Russia first and then distributed from there.

Someone on this site told me (given my support for the Palestinians and frequent quotes of the Nazi regime) that I should read Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I ordered them both (I follow directions well) and am awaiting their arrival. [:)]

• toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Hey HAIRY, We don't give a spank about towelheads.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read Mein Kampf as a high school student. Be careful, he makes a LOT of sense if you can project yourself to Post WWI, inflationary, degenerate, and beautiful Germany. Given the anti-Zionist, anti-Bolshevik tirades, you will see what the man was trying to do.

The Protocals of the Elders of Zion are terrifying. If they are true, I could see why the Elders would lie, kill, torture, to keep them under wraps.

Can't wait to see your post afterwards!

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour