In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Indians pitcher shot!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
Indians Pitcher Kyle Denney Shot

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A Cleveland Indians pitcher was shot in the right calf when a bullet pierced the team's bus and grazed another player late Wednesday night.

Team trainers were able to remove the bullet from the calf of Kyle Denney, who was expected to spend the night in the hospital but was not seriously hurt, club spokesman Bart Swain said.

The rest of the team was unharmed. The shooting occurred as the team rode to Kansas City International Airport after a game with the Kansas City Royals.

Swain said the shot was fired into the side of one of the Indians' two buses while it was on a ramp between Interstate 435 and I-70, grazing outfielder Ryan Ludwick.

``It went through his pants and then hit Denney,'' Swain said. ``At first, there was a little bit of panic. Once we realized Kyle was OK, fears were subsided.''

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said there were no suspects and it wasn't known if the team's bus was the intended target. Telephone messages left for the Royals were not immediately returned.

The Indians arrived safely at the airport and boarded a plane bound for Minneapolis early Thursday.

Denney, who started Wednesday night's 5-2 victory over the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, was expected to rejoin the Indians on Thursday in Minnesota, where Cleveland begins its final series of the season Friday.

After getting called up from Triple-A Buffalo on Sept. 14, the 27-year-old Denney is 1-2 with a 9.56 ERA in four starts with Cleveland. He beat Kansas City 8-3 on Sept. 19 for his first major league win.

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!

Comments

• Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, as Paul Harvey would say "Now here's the rest of the story".

The reason Kyle Denney was not hurt any worse then he was is because of a hazing ritual.
    Kyle Denney was dressed as a Cheerleader complete with knee high Go-Go Boots. Between going through the body of the bus and the leather of the boot, it slowed down the bullet.

True Story. [:D] [:D] [8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    [img][/img]vote_small.gif
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I wonder if the Indians pulled the buses into a circle?[:o)]

There was a cowhand once who said that Shakespeare was the only poet who wrote like he'd been raised on red meat.
    No man in his right mind will play with a gun. I've seen show-offs doing fancy spins and all that. No real gun-fighter ever did. With a hairtrigger, he'd be likely to blow a hole in his belly. L'Amour

wings2.gif
    Stolen from, and with thanks, to Kiwibird