In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some folks just don't get it! ??

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Big big boss wants a fancy entrance to the office, etched glass, big wooden frame. We are laying off people, consolidating positions, reducing benefits and costs, had to forgo our raises, even got rid of the fish tanks. I had to suggest to them that maybe this was not the best time to make those changes. Sad
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least SOMEBODY spoke up... Say good-bye to your job though.
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    I used to work for a community hospital in Brea Ca. 7 years ago that was in serious financial trouble to the point that when I would call a vendor to get supplies they would hang up the second I told them the hospital name and the damn CEO was worried about redecorating the lobby. Three years later the hospital went belly up!
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Big big boss wants a fancy entrance to the office, etched glass, big wooden frame. We are laying off people, consolidating positions, reducing benefits and costs, had to forgo our raises, even got rid of the fish tanks. I had to suggest to them that maybe this was not the best time to make those changes. Sad
    You say he wants to spruce up the office, not his office. maybe he is looking at it to help generate business by a more professional looking building?
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,025 ******
    edited November -1
    I always heard you have to spend money to make money.[8D]
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The board at our legion post keeps crying about receipts from bingo and the club being down but we still spend money on aesthetics. I don't get it either.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    The board at our legion post keeps crying about receipts from bingo and the club being down but we still spend money on aesthetics. I don't get it either.

i would really like to know where all the money goes that these bingo halls make here in wv the bingo halls are usually packed wall to wall money flowing right n left with big jack pots on sat nite somebody is making a big lick thousands of dollars taking in every sat nite who gets that money
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Key word(s):

Big big boss

Remember, he got there somehow without your imput.[;)]