In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is everyone ready for Terror Attack II?

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Hypothetically thinking...if the terrorists set off a dirty bomb in a major city and knocked out much of the power grid of the United States in the upcoming months...could everyone survive 30 days without access to a grocery store or gas station?

Just wondering if I am the only one thinking of stocking up on supplies for the summer.[:(]

awcountdown.gif

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been ready since before Y-2-K, have not changed my habits any.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    sure... I have enough ammo, and as long as I can be offensive, who cares [:D][:D]

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifTalk_of_sacrifice.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yeah, we would make do. The garden is coming in nicely, we have water, solar power radio, and plenty of game.

Any man can shoot a gun, and with practice he can draw fast and shoot accurately, but that makes no difference. What counts is how you stand up when somebody is shooting back at you.
    To die for what one believes is all very well for those so inclined, but it has always seemed to me the most vain of solutions. There is no cause worth dying for that is not better served by living. L'Amour
  • Options
    edited November -1
    P3: if I start paying into my investment now, can I use your home for my subsequent postion?????? I fear our strength will only come in numbers.

NSDQ!

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I was going to get some weed killer to kill the dandelions in the back yard, but I think I'll leave them alone.

Boiled dandelion greens is just like spinache. Heck there's enough to live a week off of them[:D]

awcountdown.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    spoken like a true SERE(C) graduate........ never forget that all grass is edible [;)]

NSDQ!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    P3: if I start paying into my investment now, can I use your home for my subsequent postion?????? I fear our strength will only come in numbers.

NSDQ!

Stalker,
    You'd be welcome to dig in with us. We have a foxhole waiting for you! [8D]

Bring a sniperscope with you. The nightvision and communication is already in place.

Any man can shoot a gun, and with practice he can draw fast and shoot accurately, but that makes no difference. What counts is how you stand up when somebody is shooting back at you.
    To die for what one believes is all very well for those so inclined, but it has always seemed to me the most vain of solutions. There is no cause worth dying for that is not better served by living. L'Amour
  • Options
    muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Red223
    I was going to get some weed killer to kill the dandelions in the back yard, but I think I'll leave them alone.

Boiled dandelion greens is just like spinache. Heck there's enough to live a week off of them[:D]

awcountdown.gif

I have done a bit of reading on dandelions and in addition to being tastey,they are real good for you(provided they are not contaminated),particularly,liver function.

Muggster
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats what hunting and fishing is for.

Who needs power, if the Amish can do it, I can too.

GWB_logo_100.gifErie.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm ready! I have a LOT of duct tape! AND PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Merc (the prepared!)

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Fishing close by (bicycle), deer all over the place.
    Reservoir above town.
    Town in a valley; easy to shut access.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure a terrorist attack of any magnitude (excepting Osama Bin Laden getting control of the entire Russian nuclear arsenal and unleashing it at us) would shut down the entire nation for a month.

'Sides, don't you know asking questions like that is un-American? Bush has said we're winning! Show a little faith!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I don't need gasoline, food, water, a generator or anything else. All I need is ammunition. With that I'll just TAKE whatever else I need. [:D]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lowrider
    I don't need gasoline, food, water, a generator or anything else. All I need is ammunition. With that I'll just TAKE whatever else I need. [:D]

Lowrider,
    I realize you are kidding, but a lot of folks probably do believe that.

Offensive operations take almost 50% more attackers than defenders. Defenders know the lay of the land and have the advantage of not having to transport their entire arsenal.

Additionally, the movement of attackers is subject to ambush enroute and loss of manpower to defend their basecamp.

Much better to lay in supplies and let the attackers deliver additonal munitions (after their own destruction).
    [}:)][;)]