In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Too Easy Of A Shot

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Got up late to get out for the first day of gobblar so Mrs. Gunpaq insisted I have breakfast with her. While enjoying my pancakes and Mrs. Gunpaq's company, with a hint of guilt not being in the field, a gobblar appeared in full strut on the front lawn and began to court a decoy I had set up as a joke the day before. Too easy of a shot I just did not have the heart to kill this gentleman giving us our morning entertainment. Next Saturday I'll be out bright and early so Mr. Gobblar may be on the menu for lunch.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Comments

• Options
    mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am heading to the woods next week. I hope I have a similar problem. Good luck tomorrow.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA, and proud owner of a pair of S&W revolvers.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aww man, you aint a real redneck.. After giving a few minutes of admiration you just poke the barrel out da winder and POW! What's the world comin to? Rednecks gettin feelins, it just aint right. You broke my heart, now I gotta go shoot 2 tomorrow just to make me feel better.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm- You better not shoot two tomorrow!

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    well my season was last week, ended up with tag soup, weather was to say the least bad , cold below freezing in the mornings then rain, very windy more rain and 3 inches of snow on sat. and then more rain
    hope you guys do better
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo, you're right. I better not shoot two. Dang shotgun holds three shells! What was I thinking?!
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEHEHE! Thats funny!

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Go ahead and shoot 2 or 3!! So many of the dang things you can't hunt griundhogs without a whole bunch of them walking through the field scarring off the real targets!! Damn all that calling!! Just break his neck at 3-400yds! Now that's sporting!! GHD
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    7MM Nut: I'm not wimping out on my redneck heritage in my old age, it was just too easy of a shot and I just started my pancakes. Food or a fresh kill - my primal priorities said "food". Eighteen years ago I shot a 10 point buck on the first day in my backyard in my pajamas while eating breakfast. I was teaching at a private school, at the time, that did not have 1st day Monday off. Back then my primal priorities was fresh kill over food as an hour later I would be facing 28 innercity thugs (I mean teenagers) for six hours. Yessss, I love the smell of a fresh gut pile in the morning.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now, GHD, you know that your suggestions are illegal in our Commonwealth !!!