In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Turning the Tables UVA style!!!

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23292478/tables-turn-on-fontaine-avenue-robbery-suspects

That ain't even right, can't even armed rob a couple college students without gettin your * whipped! This ain't good for the robbin' bidness if'n we get our teefs kicked in!!

beaten1_zps99f78f89.jpg

beaten2_zps86c09982.jpg

Charlottesville police say two men picked the wrong students to rob at gunpoint. The robbery suspects are behind bars, badly beaten by their victims.

Both suspects have severe injuries to their faces, but the victims - we're told - are doing just fine. The pair who allegedly attempted an armed robbery had the tables turned on them Tuesday night, becoming victims themselves, so to speak.

Johnny Calderon Jr., 19, is facing four charges: two for attempted robbery, one for pointing a firearm and one for using a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Calderon has a lot of bruising on his face, but he was not as badly injured as Gerald Allen. Allen's right eye is swollen shut. Allen, 18, is facing a pair of attempted robbery charges.

Police say the suspects, both from Charlottesville, had to be taken to the hospital before going to jail Tuesday night.

The robbery happened along the 2300 block of Fontaine Avenue. When police arrived on the scene, they found two University of Virginia students had beaten up the suspects and detained them.

Police say they do not encourage victims to take matters into their own hands.

Calderon is due in General District Court Friday morning for a hearing. Allen is due in court on October 3.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My roommate in college was a pro kickboxer. He did the same thing when a guy tried to rob him at knife point while he was delivering a pizza. He beat the guy so badly that the Police were contemplating charging him with malicious wounding.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I live in Charlottesville But of course The news paper and radio In this LIBTARD city would never want to put any mention of this on anything but the last page and heaven forbid any pictures of these fine "Them be good boys" young men.How dare anyone defend themselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    I live in Charlottesville But of course The news paper and radio In this LIBTARD city would never want to put any mention of this on anything but the last page and heaven forbid any pictures of these fine "Them be good boys" young men.How dare anyone defend themselves.

Your people do wear ties and dress pants to their football games...insert snicker here! [:D]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,701 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think those two ever looked better.
    [^]barto[^]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Well done![:D]
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love stories with happy endings!!
    Well done!!
  • Options
    laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shilowar,
    Just a guess as to your school alliegence, but your people wear their TEETH to your games. Too bad that your team won't have any after tomorrow in Atlanta
    WAHOOWA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by laxcoach
    Shilowar,
    Just a guess as to your school alliegence, but your people wear their TEETH to your games. Too bad that your team won't have any after tomorrow in Atlanta
    WAHOOWA

And just how many games have your hoos won against the Hokies in the past decade??? Or ACC championships for that matter? hmmmmmm [:D]

I admit there may be some areas in which a hoos fan can talk smack to a Hokies fan, but football ain't one of them!! [;)] Cuz we've owned that * like a rented mule!
    cuz you guys will fair much better against Oregon in week 2?
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Disgusting!

When will the US DoJ or Virginia Attorney General issue the arrest warrant for the college students? They clearly committed a hate crime given today's legal standards.

Is there no justice?

NS
  • Options
    SwanKongSwanKong Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1:16: "But police caution, they do not encourage victims to take matters into their own hands"

Yeah, just stand there and BE a victim...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My guess was correct !
    Since the subject got diverted, I have two hats that I couldn't find donors for--- one Boise State and one JMU---take your pick !
    Did you know that Carillion and Lewis Gale's orthopedic staff are on stand-by for the arrival of the Chokie's plane from Atlanta tomorrow? They are expecting mass casualties.
    WAHOOWA !
    ABT (anybody but Tech)
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,701 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter

Your people do wear ties and dress pants to their football games...insert snicker here! [:D]

That just their women. The men wear feathered boas and leather.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My guess was correct !
    Since the subject got diverted, I have two hats that I couldn't find donors for--- one Boise State and one JMU---take your pick !
    Did you know that Carillion and Lewis Gale's orthopedic staff are on stand-by for the arrival of the Chokie's plane from Atlanta tomorrow? They are expecting mass casualties.
    WAHOOWA !
    ABT (anybody but Tech)

It is not a challenging guess, no one else even knows who UVA is other than a HOKIE, and we only know them because UVA is our team's tune up game before the ACC Championship game.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My guess was correct !
    WAHOOWA !
    ABT (anybody but Tech)

Funny you mention those two loses, as UVA lost to Tech during those seasons, actually there used to be a rivalry between UVA & Tech, however Tech is 9-0 vs UVA since they joined the ACC. Not much of a rivalry there. [;)]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Police say they do not encourage victims to take matters into their own hands.

To that, I say, "Screw off."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Not much of a rivalry there"
    Because UVA is what a university is defined as--- an institution of higher learning, not an NFL source for non-graduate football players.
    For the record I grew up in C'ville but went to college elsewhere. I'm surrounded by Tech worshippers who think Blacksburg is the center of the universe and Beamer is a diety-- it really gets old.
    Believe it or not, when football is not the topic I actually get along with Tech people !!!!