In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Redfield Scopes-Quitting Business???

Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Did I hear it right?Is Refield going out of business?Who becomes the warranty repair station?

Comments

• daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    That's a little strange, as I read in Guns mag. they are making a comeback with top line optics and warrantys. Better double check your resourses.
  • mbrookmbrook Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blount sporting goods division, which included Redfield and several other brands including weaver, simmons, RCBS,Outers, Speer, and Federal was purchased late last year by a company call Alliant Techsystems in St.Pete FL. Alliant owns Lake City ammo and is a big ammo supplier to the Govt and the maker of Alliant powders. I heard from a friend of mine at Alliant that they really only wanted Blount's ammunition and reloading business and some of Blount's less desirable businesses (to Alliant) may be in jeopardy. I think this one of the reasons that you see Weaver scopes on close out as well.[This message has been edited by mbrook (edited 02-11-2002).][This message has been edited by mbrook (edited 02-11-2002).]
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got the postcard in the mail last week...from Redfield..not quitting, quit.Post card had warranty info on it, what to do if repairs are needed...
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!