In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
the trap is setsaturday a * got into my chicken penand killed one of my layers.sunday I put out a pir detector, but he moved it on the first encounter and I couldn't get a clean shot.monday had a technical error, so todayI set an ojibaua type trigger on the doorand screwed the hutch closed, after the chickens went to bed.I left the carcess in the pen.I expect he will be back soon.what do I shoot the &%$# with]22 short or 12 gage.

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    12 guage, loaded with buckshot!!Do what we do. We get one of those "have a heart" cages, and when the critter gets stuck in there, we get out a .22 and finish it off. I kind of enjoy using that cage, 'cause I am sure the designers of that cage would not aprove of how we use it.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Got any bees? .218
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot, I'm illegal when it comes to protecting my livestock. I'd put a heavy dose of Ivomec, its a worm preventitive available at your local farm supply store, into its favorite food, like the dead chicken, and let em eat, dead *. Poison has worked for years, and will continue to, with no risk to the chickens or your property, just make sure its where nothing else will eat it.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Night Scope.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cut one in half saturday with a chainsaw!He was hiding in a hollow maple I cut down, had plenty of time to get away.big sucker when you put it back the way it was, and allow 1/4 inch for what the chain cut off!oh yeah, 12 gauge
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have the same problem at mom and dads. I am using catfish remains and a AR with 22 converstion with a laser
  • bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use a .22. Not nearly as messy as the 12 guage buck shot. Then you can clean him and throw him on the barbie. Bar-b-qued * is good eatin'!
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Might want to talk to SLB about that one If he can stomach saltwater cats, he can stomach chipped, creamed, BBQ'd *.How about coyote meat? Remember that discussion?Someone 'r other said they tossed the 'yote carcasses in the freezer after they went hunting, and naturally we all assumed he was gonna eat em.I had curried goat over rice for lunch the other day and even I wouldnt touch that.PS- That was some damn fine goat. Mmm mmm good. Baaaaa!
  • jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOT THE S.O.B.8:51 western#6 12GABLEW THE U.F.s guts out.A buddy will make a hat out of it.good more eggs for me
    edited November -1
    he didn't step on the trigger but was in the pen and lost his cool
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    6 shot??!! what fun is that??!!
    Happiness is a warm gun
    edited November -1
    It was only 10 feet I don't think it would make any differance what i used.
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    "When racoons get on our back porch, mama just run 'em off with a broom." -Forest Gump
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Classic movie.Although Alabama looked like a very boring state, to tell you the truth.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye,Your right Alabama is the most boring state there is. So don't come visit us, just leave us be, we haven't got anything here but warm weather, hilly open country, long winding back roads, and the tip of our state's toes in the white sand and clear blue water off the Gulf of Mexico. That "Sweet Home" crap is probably just sentimental country boy talk. Ain't that right Pelican?My feet may be in Texas, but..."My home is in Alabama""No matter where I lay my head.""My home is in Alabama""Southern born, and southern bred"
  • bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every year at Christmas my Dad has a huge '* Supper" for his employees and suppliers. Throw about 40 * and 4 deer on the barbie, and get set for some good eatin'! Seriously, they are really good eating. All you do is skin 'em out and gut 'em. Get about a pound of really good whole hog sausage and fill the cavity of the * with the sausage. Wrap him up tight. Put on some foil, cover with your favorite sauce, wrap tight, and throw on the fire for about 4 hours. Meat will be falling off the bone! Not something I want to eat 5 days a week, but 2 or 3 times a year it is good. We also cook a goat every year, usually on the 4th of July. Guess we just eat some weird stuff here! Goes good with our brains 'n eggs!
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jet...you REALLY want to get rid of him?Had a gov. trapper come to my place 12-15 yrs. ago for coyote probs...LEARNED a LOT from the man...pretty cool sport..and not at all easy if you want to be successfull. * are easy,coyotes are not. For * just find you a small, dont know the number,spring jaw trap...prob.5-6 in. between jaws once set. Cover the bait plate with aluminum foil..shiney side up. * are real curios and anything reflective gets their curiosity up. Can of cheap salted mixednuts, and sugar pop cereal. Take either nuts or cereal or both and place a little around the trap and a couple on the bait plate...it works fine......for the next one...
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE![This message has been edited by RUGERNUT3 (edited 02-13-2002).]