In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Castaway" on a deserted Island

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Just watched the movie "Castaway" with Tom Hanks last night where he is stranded on a deserted Island for 5 years....got me to thinking what I would do in that situation.What 5 items would you want to have for your survival if you were in that situation? Remember, you'll be on the island for 5 years. (Sorry...no volley balls or women permitted)

Comments

• Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Hilton Hotel2. Shooting Range3. Golf Course4. Outback Steak House5. I'll just take these Four, a Real Man doesn't need Five.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. My Wife2. My King James Bible3. My M1A4. A 1,000 case of Hirtenburger .3085. A Gerber mid-sized Camp Axe.
    Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1.Playboy mansion.The other four years,And fifty one weeks would not matter.I would be fish food after the first week.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No women????? Isnt that why we dream of being stranded on an island!? If I can't have Demi Moore for 5 years I aint going!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7mm,Just keep in mind that if the relationship went bad....you couldn't get away from her for 5 years either.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1) good knife and sharpening stone2) 1000 feet of zip cord3) Fishing net or hooks4) Fire starting equipment5) 100 packets of vegetable seeds
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    I'm with RugerNine.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Rembrandt, you have a point. Now If we are stuck on an island that means there are no rules. It also means you have to fend for yourself, right? If she ticks me off I will have her over for dinner! Who says you can't have steak for dinner while stranded on an island! LOL
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1) Large magnifying glass for starting fires2) Large shed with 15,000 MRE's3) Ruger 77/22 with 20,000 rounds.4) 100 rolls of Charmin (shovel included)5) Would a case of Halley Berry blow-up party dolls be considered one item?
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.[This message has been edited by Pup (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Beer2. Beer3. Beer4. Beer5. Beer
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Duct Tape2. 550 Cord3. A knife4. An Axe5. Maryanne (she wasn't a woman. she was an angel -- Right up there with Daisy Duke)[This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 03-02-2002).]
  • Options
    RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leatherman toolOwner brand 3/0 & 5/0 hooksmag. glassemerg. mirror1000 yds. 50lb. spyder wire
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!