In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Here goes.....my top 25 predictions.......

wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, after a week of research and reviewing the numbers, here's my top 25 with a few bonus games thrown in.

#1 Alabama vs #7 Florida...This one is tough to pick, but here goes. The winner of this game the last two years has won the BCS title game and together, they have won 52 straight regular season games. Florida's J. Brantley showed out last week in a win over Kentucky and has a 64% passing completion, 700 yards of offense, 6 TD'S, and 1 INT. Bama's G. McElroy comes in at 70.9% passing, 899 yards offense, 7 TD's and 3 INTs. Playing at home, Bama get this one with the running of Ingram and Richardson and that stingy defense, 28-17

#2 Ohio State vs Illinois......Terrelle Pryor had a Heisman type game last week vs. Eastern Michigan, winning 73-20 and the Buckeyes have not lost at Illinois since 1991. This year won't be any different, Buckeyes roll, 42-20

#3 Boise State vs New Mexico State...New Mexico State comes into this game 2nd-to-last in defense. Not a stat you want against this Bronco team, Boise blows the Aggies out of the stadium, 42-13

#4 Oregon vs #9 Stanford...Oregon has the best scoring offense in the country right now, putting up big numbers against Tennessee and Arizona State and is #3 in rushing, averaging 321 yards a game. Stanford comes in with Andrew Luck who isn't too shabby with 912 yards of offense. This one is close, but the Ducks fly again, 35-24.

#5 TCU vs. Colorado State....TCU's offense is too potent and the defense is too fast and talented, TCU wins 35-10.

#6 Nebraska....idle

#8 Oklahoma vs #21 Texas...The Red River Rivalry. Both teams have been lackluster with Texas taking a pounding from UCLA and Oklahoma barely getting by Cincinnati last week. This game is a rivalry and full of emotions, the team who makes the least mistakes gets the win and Oklahoma seems bettered focused, Sooners, 24-17

#10 Auburn vs Louisiana-Monroe....Cam Newton and Michael Dyer have a field day....Auburn whips UL-Monroe, 42-9

#11 Wisconsin vs #24 Michigan State...The Spartans will have an emotional benefit with Coach Mark Dantonio back in action after suffering a heart-attack two weeks ago. Unfortunately, that emotional high only lasts the first half and the Badgers pull away late using a relentless rushing attack, 21-17

#12 LSU vs Tennessee...The Tigers have not looked good on offense, plagued by poor play of QB Jordan Jefferson. The defense and special teams have been the Tigers key to winning and the Vols just don't have enough fire power to pull off the upset in Death Valley....LSU adds to the Vols wows...24-13

#13 Utah...idle
#14 Arizona...idle
#15 Arkansas...idle

#16 Miami vs Clemson...Clemson holds the edge on this one 2-1 with the road team winning the game. Miami's Jacori Harris is a good quarterback, but not consistent. Clemson's Parker showed guts in Clemson's OT loss to Auburn and have had a week off to prepare for the 'Canes.. the road streak ends, and Clemson pulls off a huge win, 27-20.

#17 Iowa vs. #22 Penn State...The Hawkeyes have stunned the Nittany Lions in the last two matchups. Iowa tuned up last week against Ball State, 45-0 while Penn State struggled against lowly Temple. Owever, if Evan Royster can get it going, look for Penn State to upset the trend, in a close one, Penn edges Iowa, 17-10

#18 USC vs Washington...USC has been a tale of two teams, struggling at home against a weak Virginia team and then beating Washington State last week 50-16. Washington brings in QB Jake Locker, regarded by some to be the best QB in the PAC-10. He better play that way on the road vs a USC team trying to prove they can win without paid players...USC gets a win at home, 42-28

#19 Michigan vs. Indiana...Denard Robinson is the real deal at QB for the Wolverines, if he can stay healthy. Already being mentioned in the Heisman talks, Robinson has a another big day against the Hoosiers, 24-10

#20 South Caolina...idle

#23 NC State vs Virginia Tech... The Wolfpack had an impressive win against Georgia Tech, or was it? The Yellow Jackets lost to Kansas so how potent is the sting of the Jackets? VT has been humbled this season by Boise and then by James-Madison. That being said, the Hokies bring a dose of reality back to the Wolfpack, 24-17

#25 Nevada vs UNLV...This Nevada team is a true example of over-achievers...entering the top 25 for the first time 1948. With QB Colin Kaepernick and the pistol offense, this version of the Wolfpack is 3rd in the country in total offense, averaging more than 343 yards per game. The Rebels of UNLV have run into a buzzsaw, Nevada 49-17.

That covers the top 25, so here my bonus games...

Kentucky @ Ole Miss...WilDcat QB M. Hartline wants to prove he can win on the road and the Ole Miss Rebels is the team to do just that...UK 27-14

Florida State @ Virginia...The Cavaliers played inspired football against USC two weeks ago, but the Seminoles don't play that game...FSU 28-13

Georgia @ Colorado...The Bulldogs are in a tail-spin right now and Mark Richt has to win this game, fortunately for them, the Buffs are at the bottom of the Big 12 and the S.E.C. once again shows why it is the toughest conference in the country, UGA 21-14.

Notre Dame @ Boston College...Notre Dame needs this win to salvage the season and Coach Brian Kelley will have the Irish fighting for thier seasonal lives...Notre Dame pulls a close one...17-14.

Now, I'm done...enjoy the games.

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They all look pretty close to how I would have 'em. I am looking forward to games #1, #4, and #8.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • 45forme45forme Member Posts: 948 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about OSU Beavers vs. ASU?
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bump
    What's next?
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45forme
    What about OSU Beavers vs. ASU?

If James Rodgers is healthy they win.
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    Oregon State vs Arizona State...Playing in Corvallis helps the Beavers, alittle. Arizona State's offense is just too fast and potent, and ASU's QB, Steven Threet has 1,228 yards passing so far this season. The odds makers have the Devils by 3...I disagree, ASU 28-17.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ky/Ole Miss is starting to look like it's going to be a war. Some huge hits being made

7-7 at the end of the first
    edited November -1
    wartiger, I really enjoyed reading about your pics...great information! Now, if this shakes out with another week of high percentage wins...you're really going to be in demand!!!!!1 [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Ky/Ole Miss is starting to look like it's going to be a war. Some huge hits being made

7-7 at the end of the first

Sounds like a good one Rack. Baylor is leading Kansas 17-7 in the 2nd quarter down in Waco.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Watching ESPN Gameday, the only two games that were at odds with my picks were Iowa/Penn State and NC State/Virginia Tech. Heck, if that's the only two I miss, I can live with that percentage.[;)]
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    #2..... since 91 at Illinois yes, but just a couple of years ago the Illini stunned them at home and cost them a shot at number #1

and give the Frogs a little more credit at least 40+ on the scoreboard [:D][:D] ribbit ribbit

edited for the ribbit [:D]
    edited November -1
    May not have that one right.

quote:#4 Oregon vs #9 Stanford...Oregon has the best scoring offense in the country right now, putting up big numbers against Tennessee and Arizona State and is #3 in rushing, averaging 321 yards a game. Stanford comes in with Andrew Luck who isn't too shabby with 912 yards of offense. This one is close, but the Ducks fly again, 35-24.

Ducks will lead till the 4th then they will Lose.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

quote:#4 Oregon vs #9 Stanford...Oregon has the best scoring offense in the country right now, putting up big numbers against Tennessee and Arizona State and is #3 in rushing, averaging 321 yards a game. Stanford comes in with Andrew Luck who isn't too shabby with 912 yards of offense. This one is close, but the Ducks fly again, 35-24.

We shall see.........[;)]
    edited November -1
    So what about the Beavers, what do you think there.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Number one could be interesting if the 'same' teams take the field as last week.

I am hoping,.....but prepared as well![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Number one could be interesting if the 'same' teams take the field as last week.

I am hoping,.....but prepared as well![;)]

Bama can't afford make too many mistakes aginst the Gators, but part of their arsenal is great ball control.
    What's next?
    edited November -1

Got ya covered, see 9 posts above.......[;)]
    edited November -1
    wartiger, Miami and Clemson are close...27-21 in favor of the Canes.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    I'll tell you, Illinois played Ohio State closer than what I thought, too.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Okay, here we go with the Texas and Oklahoma Shootout, which is arguably the biggest rivalry, and biggest draw in all of college football. Let's just hope it lives up to its standards.
    What's next?
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

It was windy as all get out. Blauserman's interception, besides it being a stupid pass, just hung up there forever. Neither team could throw very well because of it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

It was windy as all get out. Blauserman's interception, besides it being a stupid pass, just hung up there forever. Neither team could throw very well because of it.

I'm getting ready to watch Bama and the Gators. They can hype all they want to about Ingram and other team members, but no on on the Bama team can come near to McElroy's record as a starting QB...in that he jhas not lost a game that he has started since the 8th grade! [:D] Unreal.
    What's next?
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    #11 Wisconsin vs #24 Michigan State...The Spartans will have an emotional benefit with Coach Mark Dantonio back in action after suffering a heart-attack two weeks ago. Unfortunately, that emotional high only lasts the first half and the Badgers pull away late using a relentless rushing attack, 21-17

Ya Right
    edited November -1
    I was not expecting to see a Texas Longhorn punt in this game!!!!! Every bit of 26 yards.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wartiger
    Oregon State vs Arizona State...Playing in Corvallis helps the Beavers, alittle. Arizona State's offense is just too fast and potent, and ASU's QB, Steven Threet has 1,228 yards passing so far this season. The odds makers have the Devils by 3...I disagree, ASU 28-17.
    Wrong[:o)]

Now if the Ducks keep playing like they have been I will be partly wrong, They have not lead yet. But will still lose.
    edited November -1
    wartiger, great card! It looks like you nailed 11 of 15 plus a split on the bonus games. Thanks for the fun, it's been a good day of football!
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Guess I have to eat my words about the Ducks Losing. They showed way more heart than I thought they would.

The only game that scares me from what is left is the Civil Was against the Beavers. Thats cause the Beavers play great in these games and its home Field Advantage this year.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Good thing you don't have a clue about the Ducks[}:)]
    edited November -1

Good team, but barely a top-25 team. They will finish in 4th place in the PAC-10.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.

Good thing you don't have a clue about the Ducks[}:)]

Hey I already posted I was eating my words. I'm just used to the team giving up. Looks like this year that will not be a problem.
    edited November -1
    Kimi, thanks for the updates.

So, to recap the days games. There were a few upsets, a few no-brainers and that, is why they play the game!

Alabama vs Florida; prediction- Alabama. Bama got the win, but the score was alot more lopsided than I imagined. 31-6

Ohio State vs Illinois; prediction- OSU. Closer than I thought, Illinois showed some guts, but OSU wins, 24-13

Boise State vs New Mexico State; prediction- BSU. It looked like a blow out and it was, BSU wins, 59-0

Oregon vs Stanford; prediction- Oregon. This was a game of two very different halves, and Oregon poured it on in the second, 52-31

TCU vs Colorado State; prediction- TCU. The Horned Frogs get the shutout, 27-0

Oklahoma vs Texas; prediction-Oklahoma. The Red River Rivalry turned out to be good game, but late game miscues killed the 'Horns, Oklahoma wins, 28-20

Auburn vs Louisiana-Monroe; prediction-Auburn. 52-3 Auburn, need I say more?[:D]

Wisconsin vs Michigan State; prediction-Wisonsin. That one was tough, and it was a good game, the Badgers and I lose for the first time this season, Michigan State wins, 34-24

LSU vs Tennessee; prediction-LSU. Wow, what an ugly game and a lucky break for the Tigers, but a win is a win. LSU 16-14

Miami vs Clemson; prediction-Clemson. The Canes showed up and the road win streak continues, Miami 30-21

Iowa vs Penn State; prediction-Penn State. I knew as soon as I picked this one, I was gonna be wrong. Iowa dominates in a 24-3 win.

USC vs Washington; prediction-USC. I truly hate Lane Kiffin, but it was the Huskies who made the difference and upset the Trojans at home, 32-31

Michigan vs Indiana; prediction- Michigan. Once again, Denard Robinson was the difference in this game, leading the Wolverines to a 42-35 win over a pesky Hoosier team.

NC State vs Virginia Tech; prediction- VT. ESPN Gameday picked NC State to win this one, but not me, go figure. The Hokies are coming back to finish strong, knocking off undefeated NCS, 41-30

Nevada vs UNLV; prediction- Nevada. Too much offense from this Nevada team leads to a 44-26 victory.

Bonus Games

UK vs Ole Miss; prediction- UK. I really thought UK could pull this one out, but the Rebels surprised me, beating UK 42-35

FSU vs Virginia; prediction- FSU. No big surprises here as FSU wins by twenty, 34-14

UGA vs Colorado; prediction- UGA. Lets face it, this Bulldog team couldn't beat each other in the shower! They may be the worst team in the S.E.C. right now, losing to Colorado, 29-27

Notre Dame vs Boston College; prediction- ND. The Irish had to have this one and they got a win, 31-13

So, 11-5 this week and 6-0 last ain't too bad for an overall record of 17-5.

Anybody have a particuliar game for next week, let me know and I will take a stab at it.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    #23 NC State vs Virginia Tech... The Wolfpack had an impressive win against Georgia Tech, or was it? The Yellow Jackets lost to Kansas so how potent is the sting of the Jackets? VT has been humbled this season by Boise and then by James-Madison. That being said, the Hokies bring a dose of reality back to the Wolfpack, 24-17
    Wooohoooo!!! My HOKIES showed heart, came back from 17-0 and openned a can of 4th Quarter Whoop * GO HOKIES

41-30 VA Tech [^]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel bad for BC, they have NO offense, with a bunch of rookie quarterbacks, it is sad watching them struggle.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sheesh,.....I turned the Florida 'game' off at half-time.
    First possession Bama is stopped within short range of the goal and left with a FG.

Florida gets to the goal on first possession as well, but instead of taking the 3 points, they decide to go for it on fourth and throw an interception. The whole thing swung right then, and I knew it.

What a massacre![xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GO GA BULLDOGS
    edited November -1

Good team, but barely a top-25 team. They will finish in 4th place in the PAC-10.

Who won that game, Just saying.
    edited November -1

Who won that game, Just saying.

I was not questioning the win... just that there are three better teams in the Pac-10 this year. With the two out of conference losses, and future losses to Arizona, Stanford, and the Ducks, they end up a just 7-5 team and barely bowl eligible. As a native Oregonian, I root for the Beavers to win except for the Civil War game[^]
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Hawgs are playing at Jerry's House this weekend. What say thee oh wise one?