In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shortiming

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Shortiming: Yep, not much longer and the hubbie will be home!![:p][:D] I have been privileged to read his OER support form and just let me say that unlike many that have come before it where one page sufficed, his duties and accomplishments in this last year could not be contained on one page and they have made me ever so proud. He and his unit have made a major impact on a northern province in Iraq and the lives of the citizens contained therein. From orphans to the displaced peoples of the province their lots have been vastly improved due to the direct intervention of my citizen soldier and his teams.

I swell with pride each and every time I think of him, his unit and the mission accomplished. An amalgamation of differing backgrounds, experiences, and specialties have culminated in a region where the seeds of democracy were planted and are now being reaped by those who never thought their arid land would see anything but degradation, depression, and demagoguery.

To my husband, I applaud, salute, and acknowledge your sacrifice. Congratulations on a job well done. Making Order Out of Chaos!!

***KATN!***

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My thanks, Don.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have good reason to be proud.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    susie: I couldn't be happier for you! A big WELL DONE to you both.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Susie, it is good to hear. And how is our college girl doing?

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Congrats Susie. I am happy as well for you and your husband. I seem to remember he was a CA or PO officer? No matter, but if he was out there, mixing it up with locals, he deserves all you have to give him [;)].

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the warm wishes.

To Kurt (aka BDJ) alas the fickle fate of youth ensnared our oldest and she decided she was in love and must be married. She is now happily pursuing the bliss of matrimony with thoughts of attending school at a later time.

To Nightstalker, yes, my spousal unit (love of my life) is currently serving with a CA Battalion in Northern Iraq. The stories he has shared have astounded me and the photos speak volumes to the interaction his unit has had with the local populace.

With only 5700 total soldiers in the Civil Affairs branch of the Army, each and every CA soldier is a God send and a life line back to normalacy for each and every area they inhabit. From Afghanistan to Zimbawe the soldiers of the US Army Civil Affairs are "Making Order Out of Chaos."

***KATN!***
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    To Kurt (aka BDJ) alas the fickle fate of youth ensnared our oldest and she decided she was in love and must be married. She is now happily pursuing the bliss of matrimony with thoughts of attending school at a later time.

***KATN!***
    [/quote] Fine, she's married. Now she can go to school and have a husband to come home to. I don't know him, but I'm already mad at her husband.
    Ok, Ok. None of my business. I just hope he's worth it.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BDJ, I don't know if he's worth it, but if we ever organize a good ole fashioned * whippin' I'll send you an invite!

***KATN!***