In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The waste of oxygen from Mass.

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The dishonourable Teddy K is on C-Span. He's railing against allowing Retired cops from carrying

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one

Comments

• greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    As I understand it, the law is for the carry of concealed, formerly approved, weapons by off duty or retired law enforcement officials. This gas-bag just brought into play sniper rifles or riot shotguns. How in the he(( do you conceal a sniper rifle?

If Massachusetts had a concealed carry law for Oldsmobiles....hum!
    He's a real POS!!!!!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    Now he wants to ban 30/30 ammo cause 3 cops had their vests penetrated by that round. Yes he mentioned 30/30

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Ted calls his amendment the "cop killer bullet" amendment and screams about Hi-Vel, then throws in any cartridge with "armor piercing capability" and includes the new S&W .500 Magnum in that tirade. So I guess any cartridge he wants to add to the list is fair game? This list of cartridges could get very long indeed. It's a blank check.

And he is complaining about cops with guns going into bars -- as if cops never go into bars with guns, or make them less safe when they do. And churches -- he's big on churches. [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • 357357 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hah, what channel is he on?
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan2_rm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS2

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy needs to take a ride on the slow boat to China.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    If that lousy piece of snot gets his way we will be left with muskets!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
    edited November -1
    He seems so worried about us downing helicoptors... Perhaps he read Unintended Consequences![:D] Of course my next thought is, "Is he intending to send helicoptors after law-abiding citizens? Is that why he is so worried?"

edited November -1
    If only 2 had died in that car in Chappaquidik.. if only....[:(!]

edited November -1
    Ted's amendment would base bans on ammo performance. Craig is pointing ou that that means rifles in .223, .270, .308, .30-06, and basically all other hunting guns would then become museum relics of "the American past" because there would be no ammo for them. Bravo!

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Guess I will have to dispose of all my .22 Hornet ammo, THE FMJ stuff.

eagle.gifsam.jpg
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Teddy is a dinosaur of another age. He wasn't a very big dinosaur, even then. Too bad some people listen to him, instead of consigning his remarks to some political Jurasic Park.
    edited November -1
    Kennedy's "armor piercing" amendment is aimed at rifle cartridges and magnum pistol cartridges, but it is also incorrectly worded. He just quoted from it and, listen carefully now, it suggests banning ammo with more armor piercing ability than "standard ammo of the same caliber." Caliber, not cartridge. Caliber.

Get it? That could be interpreted to say that all .50 shotgun shells are okay except slugs, and all .500 Magnum cartridges are no good, period, but .50AE is okay. 10mm could be out but .40S&W left in. Or .30 carbine is okay but .30-06 and .308 is ALL bad for civilians, etc. You see what I mean? The bill is defectively written with the words "standard ammunition of the same caliber" -- unless of course they used the word "caliber" on purpose. It CAN'T be passed in that form. Besides, his bill leaves the decisions up to each Attorney General, who changes frequently and with each Presidential administration. It would be a zoo -- Republicans loosening the straps, Brady Democrats banning everything, every few years. Insanity.

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offeror, I don't think his wording is accidental, I really don't. He may not get the AWB or some of the other controls he wants so he using buzz words, twisted stats and cover ups to probably offer the most damning piece of gun control in American History, he would go in the history books as the man who all but ended the gun culture in America. His bill is far more reaching and dangerous then Fiendogs bill could ever be.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I muted "Teddy the Hutt" as soon as he came on. Same with the bit---
    from Kalifornicate and the two scum bags from NY.

Mudge the nauseated

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I flush better stuff every day than any of these DemoWipe / RINO (e.g., McPain, Chaffee) Senators.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)