In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What happened with the vote?

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I got home and put on the Cspan and all they were talking about was nonsense stuff. No-one mentioned the bill in question.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody know????

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I dont know
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    Still no vote last I heard they couldn't get a quarem.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    The senate has voted 75-22 to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to the gun liability bill. It is now S.1805. I don't have the details on the changes from S.659, but am hoping it is better than the other version. It would dismiss the pending lawsuits, I don't think 659 did that.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Senate Bill 1805, you can access it via the web at:

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.php3

type in 's 1805' on the bill search on the right.

(a) FINDINGS- The Congress finds the following:

(1) Citizens have a right, protected by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, to keep and bear arms.

Holy flukin cow...............

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun debate is on CSPAN 2. I think it has been continued into tomorrow, since the Dems are dragging their feet on a vote to start debate on the actual bill and amendments. Today's debate was preliminary, and basically full of Democrats complaining that the bill is to be considered at all. To a man, they neglected to notice that had it not been for the attacks on gun manufacturers by their own gun control people, there would have been no need for a bill to save the American gun industry.

Analysts are saying this bill is really to save most gun manufacturing from disappearing here and going overseas. Only the biggest manufacturers like S&W could stand the lawsuit costs even if they win, and even S&W would succumb eventually to unlimited frivolous suit defenses. That's the really craven part of this -- the gun controllers don't even have to win their suits. They can drain the companies out like Dracula simply by goading victims into starting these pointless suits time after time. They don't even mind tying up victims for a couple years in court and making losers out of them, if it gets them what they want. And will they pay the victims' costs? You bet -- NOT.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't invest much time in the nuances of the parliamentary procedure today, but the Senate didn't have a vote on the bill per se. There was a cloture vote (to force an end to the hoplophobe's antics) which passed 7x-22. I believe the margin is sufficient to put an end to the delay once the sound bit crowd has had its chance with the microphone. I ran the VCR, but every time I checked the broadcast, some POS DemoWipe was lying about the bill, trying to characterize the provisions as preventing the average citizen from suing for negligence / malfeasance - which is clearly excluded. Lautenberg (sp?) in particular infuriated me, equating the gun makers' products to the Ford Pinto. Undoubtedly Charlie and his missus are about the only people in NJ with any brains (OK, I'm cutting Charlie the benefit of the doubt [}:)]), or this lying sack of dog turds would still be in retirement.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)