In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey BlackRoses

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
I got that same e-mail and like a moron I clicked it. HOLY MOTHER OF
Not only was it nasty it grabbed my computer and wouldn't let go!! I had to shut my computer down and when I started it back up part of it was still there! Shut it down again and got rid of it. Wish there was some way to get back at these kind of people without spending a fortune.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    If I may summise in a brief statement:

Nope, no way, no how, never!!!!![:D]

Am looking forward to having you paint that target though, whoo hoo[:p][;)]

JuJu(who is looking forward to meeting you and classic)
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Who is your provider?... Some providers have a webmail program that will allow you to "scan" your mail without opening it in your mail program... For example.. I use Netscape mail, Classic uses Outlook.. but being we have earthlink for a provider, we both use the webmail and check our mail there first... delete what we dont want.. then open our mail programs... earthlink also has the spaminator but they still get thru... Check to see if your provider has the webmail link like earthlink.. Sure saves getting all that junk mail in your email...
    I would advise doing a complete scan with your anti virus and also with the cleaner... You never know what they will have attached to the emails they send...
    There is a way to get back at them.... but its rather nasty... and illegal... *LOL

One woman's opinion

Edited by - BlackRoses on 07/29/2002 22:09:01
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TELL ME! TELL ME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! That is the only one I have ever got and I got it twice. I would not have had a problem if I had just deleted it but noooo, I had to see. I can tell you now you can teach an old dog new tricks! I won't do that again!
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie, there's a nice little app called "Spam Killer" you can install which allows you to view the contents of email messages right on the server w/o even downloading them to your sys, much less opening them there. It is also infinitely configurable for filtering out spam, smut and those nasty messages from bill collectors or others we'd prefer to avoid!