In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thank You Neighbor

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
When we went to Harrisburg, our next door neighbor took care of our house and cats. We do the same for them when they go away.

Last night, Carol went over to thank them and visit for awhile. After being there for sometime, she called me and said the they were taking about guns and had a question for me. She asked if I could come over.

As I was watching "Mail Call" I was not to happy to leave, but went anyhow. When I walked into their house, there were two old rifles standing in the corner of the living room. Carolyn, our neighbor, asked me to look at them and the question she wanted to ask was, "Do I want them?"

Mrs njretcop looked at me knowing that my answer would be YES! It was like Christmas for me and she knew it.

The guns were very dirty, having just been brought down from the attic where they have been for at least 35 years. Some rust on both, but not enough to harm them.

I could see that one was a Japanese Arisaka, type 99 "last ditch". The other one I did not recognize.

I have been spending the day cleaning them and now believe the second gun is a Joseph Manton side by side 12 guage cap and ball shotgun. It is very old and cleaned up beautifully. She told Carol that it was her grandfathers and he had it most of his life and died when he was in his nineties.

I can't believe it!!!! [^][^][^][^][^][^] It is gorgeous!

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd sure love to see a pic of the shotgun. Think you might show us one later?

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I hope to get some up later.........

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Charlie!!! Good for you, sounds like a great find!!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How some people can fall into s$$t and come out with a new suit!!!!
    (Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy tho(Mrs. Clair))[;)]

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Now I don't feel so bad for buying that ppks from the towelhead at the hotel, for $300!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I knew you were feeling bad about that Pa but we should have known that Charlie would have the last laugh. Congrats on the new acquisitions Charlie. Now we need pics of the Manton.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could have not have happened to a better guy Charlie!

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the best part of it is that NJ will at least allow you to keep the old shotgun for a few years . . . .

Sorry, amigo, had to chide you about the pinhead regs in your state. Really glad for you!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)