In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammo Collectors

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
CAN YOU LIST GOOD WEBSITES THAT DEAL WITH AMMO COLLECTIONS?

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just got back from a friends auction house , looking over his wares, and found these two boxes of ammo. [:D][:p][:p]Too bad they ared not full boxes, I did find a site that sells em by the bullet,[8D]

bullets.jpg

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    OK guys and gals, just listed the last box of Browning .22 cal. in the collectible ammo section of GB. item #6515403, so if ya missed the first one here,s your chance..

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    edited November -1
    does anyone have the info or a web site to look up case/projectile markings?
    the ones i have right now i would like some info on are 20mm that came from N.d. SAC probably in the 50s
    black projectile marked:
    20 G
    T.P. M99
    LOT PA.-77-33

head stamp is:
    20MM. M21A1 S.M.C. 1945

thanks in advance, am looking to clean these up and at least make an attempt at frshening the markings as the paint is nearly gone and marks almost impossible to read
    shame is all but 2 were dis-armed by twisting the bullet out and the crimp is gone, dont know yet how i will tackle tightening those up
    of the remaining 2, one was drilled near the base, and the other appears to still be live so will some day have to do that one
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Classic, got one of each of those in my collection. Picked em up at a gun show some time back along with some really interesting rimfires and a 45acp that was designed for crowd control in POW camps.

If I continue to feel better I will post some pics later on.

JuJu(offering another thanks to all those that contributed to my collection)
    edited November -1
    I got some new odd looking .45s and also have some twin shot, Bird detering 12 gauge shells, kinda neat

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just found a box of .357 Herters thst had been in a storage drawer for years. Still tryin to figure out where they came from. Amazing what you find a flea markets ot even in your own home [:D]

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Classic: I had one of those old Stevens, Octagon barrel, single shot rifles in my hand yesterday, chambered in 25 rimfire. The thing is in damm good shape, Id have bought it but the owner said ya can't get ammo for them!!! It was the take down model! I forget what they call them all I can think of is the pardner and I know thats not it!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic, both of these are as much as shooters than collectors. CIL was the last producer of the .25 and is about the only "surefire" ammo left in the market place. While you can find Navy Arms .32 (and possibly some loaded by Fiocchi on contract to OWS), the NA stuff has a bad rep for blowing out the cases and the Dominion stuff is reliable. I don't know what the .32 would bring, but typically the .25 goes for about $1/rd, and it's not unusual to see it sell for more. The .32 S RF was made by virtually every company which loaded RF ammo from the date of its introduction to World War II, but most of the ammo is BP in copper cases. This is good stuff! As are the 12 ga and most especially the .45s as we discussed earlier. You're finding some goodies down there, amigo.

pa - the ammo is out there as Classic's post demonstrates, just darn hard to obtain in shooting condition / quantity, and generally expensive when you do. I have an old .25 Stevens take down which was my mother's first rifle. I still take it out and shoot it from time to time, but mighty stingy with the ammo. I grab the shooting stuff whenever I can find it for a reasonable price ($50 or less a box). I keep hoping someone will produce some new stock as Winchester did with the .22 WRF, bringing the cost of shooting it down to a more reasonable level. Owners of older firearms lost a precious resource in the 1970s when the Dominion plant which made this stuff was destroyed in a fire. Not only did they load these RF, they also produced "modern" loads in 11mm Mauser, .32-40 and .38-55 . . . probably some others which don't occur to me at the moment.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)