In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I HATE "PAY-PAL"!

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have not used my Pay Pal account for about 10 months. Just got something from GB Auction. used Pay Pal, and it's all messed up! Money gone form my bank account, and the guy I am paying did not get it... Called PP and they are not much help. When this is over, I will drop PAY PAL! [:(!]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should have dropped them after they changed thier policies to exclude firearms... I'm gonna set up a gunmoney account soon.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not even going to get started on all the times they screwed me,
    Pay-pal sucks[:(!]

use_deer.jpg
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well im glad i never started using paypal

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wondering, how much money is gone?

I never used them either.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've put off setting up with them, but was about to. They exclude guns??? Really??? Whew...

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just checked my paypal account and it is locked and they wont tell me why....I told them to clear my account and send me my money..
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read the new user agreement. I think it is section 11 that says they can put a lein on ANY account. Read it slow and really think about it. If you attempt to get your money back and lose they could clean you out. My wife and I both had PayPal up to the time the new user agreement went into effect. We agreed to quit at that point. Before she quit one of the buyers payed by paypal. She sent the books to the buyer and added a "delivery confirmation". The buyer claimed we sent something else. The end result was the buyer received the books free with shipping paid and PayPal made $10.00 in fees not to mention all the time lost. I HATE PAYPAL!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another way to lose money
  • Chaser11Chaser11 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [?] Will some one tell me how they can exculde firearms? they don't even have to know what its' for its'just a money transfer??? I have been useing them for awhile now,(set up a seperate ck'g acct.) and have not had any problems[?]

American used to Roar like Lions for Liberty- Now they Bleat like Sheep for Security.
    Always Remember Security without Liberty is called PRISON! -
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I DONT KNOW!! Looks like some can do it, but you read about people that got stopped, and lost money, or and BAD feedback, and it was Pay Pal, that made the mess...... [:(!]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
    Thanks for all the help!
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PayPal is a good deal if you just use it for BUYING on fleabay etc.

It's a can of worms if your using it to sell your stuff.

When I tried to cancel my PayPal account, BOTH my bank and credit card company informed me.

"That since I had given PayPal my account numbers and had ( signed ) there electronic documents, they ( PayPal ) had irrevocable power of attorney over my accounts".

They ( Bank & Credit Card Co. ) then informed me that the only recourse I had was to CANCEL my accounts and establish new ones. This was what I had to do to get PayPal off my back.

luger_4.jpg
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow, thanks for the info. I freakin' hate PayScum, but kept a small amount active as a courtesy to my international customers. No way some dipwad PC @#$%^&* is going to have a Power of Atty on accounts separate from the PayScum.

Just took a look at the GunMoney operation; looks like I'll be switching to it. Too bad, so sad for PayScum.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)