In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Late fees at GB ?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
quote:Once the auction closes, buyer must send e mail acknowledging winning bid. From auction close, buyer has ten days to submit payment in hand of seller. Failure to comply with this section SHALL result in negative feedback. *** After ten days, a $5.00 per day secure storage charge shall apply until funds arrive in seller's hand. *** After 15 days the transaction will be cancelled and a nonpaying feedback will be left. FAILURE TO COMPLETE TRANSACTION: Any buyer who fails to complete the transaction will receive negative feedback.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15517549

Can he do that?

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
Indianapolis.gif
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the terms of his sale, put in the high bid and your bound to that contract ...

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Nice pistol

To bad with terms like this I'll never bid on he stuff. I think it more of a scare tactic than anything.

206 words about the rule and conditions of the auction and only 19 describing the pistol. [:0] [V]

He has a rating of A+ (12) only one as a seller.

This kind of rules out my thought that he must have had lots of problems in the past.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He can try [:D] but if a buyer doesn't send money it's real tough to get him to send MORE money... [:D] Didn't you notice the 20% restocking fee too? What a chump. His guns might as well be glued to the counter.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by offeror
    He can try [:D] but if a buyer doesn't send money it's real tough to get him to send MORE money...

LOL [:D][:D][:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    So what does he do if the payment comes in 14 days and does not include his storage charge fee? Hold the gun until the fees are paid meanwhile racking up more fees? Possible Scam??
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    He dont want to sell, He is using GB as a Store Front....

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    So what does he do if the payment comes in 14 days and does not include his storage charge fee? Hold the gun until the fees are paid meanwhile racking up more fees? Possible Scam??

Of course. And he will believe himself ENTITLED to hold your money hostage for the late fee without shipping your gun, and he will no doubt keep all of your money if he doesn't get his "penalty," whatever GB says about it. And you can take it to the bank that he does not see this as scamming. Guys like this do not get MBAs and they know nothing about standards and practices. Steer clear.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't - usually - sell firearms, although there will be a minor exception soon as I clean out some stuff for the move. But I always work with my ammo customers. Unlike a physical transaction, people get sick, are sent on business trips, have personal tragedies or ISP crashes. The world does not revolve around my auctions. When I see attitudes like this - and they are all too common - I simply stop reading. Who needs this sort of attitude? I don't get my knickers in a knot if a payment is delayed for a legitimate reason and I won't tolerate the behavior in others. One example - a highly respected GB member sent me a check for some stuff maybe three years ago. It still hasn't arrived, although the replacement was sent promptly. Things like this happen; more important things to be upset about.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)