In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

iconoclast

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Got the flints in todays mail. Thank you.

Woods

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey thank you for the package i just got it the other day.i cant wait to start reloading[:)].i would have sent ya an email but some gentleman from here gave my computer a virus and i didnt want to send it to you.thank you for the powder measure,cant wait to start.

thanks,
    quinn

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    They need your help on the "Experts" board. Check the Mannlicher thread.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
    edited November -1
    ya gots mail.....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice. I got the brick, one round short so far but looks like good ammo. I hope to get the boys shooting before they are ten but momma's dead set against guns.

Just made a deal on 6 boxes of .32 RF long, Navy arms for the Remington No. 4 my dad picked up for me many years ago. Now I have a gun for each of them.

Looking for a #4 breech block to convert the RB to CF, the other is a Frank Wesson that also shoots both.

Thanks again.
    edited November -1
    Just got back from UPS office, You gotta Move, They said you lived so far out in the middle of no where, that they gotta fly the package to one place, transfer it to a truck, then to a team of mules, then to a dog sled and team and then the final leg by carrier pidgeon, And your right your town does not exist according to them, but after twisting the girls arm they decided your town does exist, and all went as planned..

Larry.

billy.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    HELP!!!! Do you know of anywhere that I can buy 6, 44 Merwin&Hulbert cartridges. I am not going to shoot them but it really bites my butt to not have at least a representative cartridge for display with the gun. I am at a loss as to where to find any. Thanks

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast, My e-mail is charliemill@earthlink.net I'll try to find those numbers for you. The "Reddog" is the one that usually has posts on with 4-Wheeler and I. I do have his email if you get back to me. GHD
    edited November -1
    You have mail. Re: the .300 rounds.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
    edited November -1
    recieved the pads today, thanks very much.now need good weather so i can start casting again
    edited November -1
    You, sir, are a good man. Thank you.

Joshua
    edited November -1
    Anyone heard from him or know how he's doing?
    edited November -1
    Called and left a somewhat coherent message re: the cabinet. Drop me a line. I'll call them and have it palleted and shrink wrapped.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
    edited November -1
    I have an old shotgunshell that Outdoortexas wants, how can I legally send it to him?

pablue.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    you have mail, the info you requested has been sent. Let me know if you recieve it.

Thanks

JuJu(who loves being mysterious)
    edited November -1
    I have a bunch of my stuff packed away due to this place being a construction zone. If I can find it I'll post a picture. I have what has to be the ultimate wildcatters wildcat. It's in a 22-3000 G&H headstamped case. Somebody necked it down to 17 caliber.

A little history for those who aren't familiar.

The 32 wesson was necked down to 25 caliber to make the wildcat that became the 25-20 single shot. That necked down to 22 makes the 2R Lovell or 22-3000 G&H wildcat. I have to wonder who came up with taking it down to a 17.

Woods

It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the ammo[:D] Love the bandoliears(sp)
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    So, has the Phoenix risen once again? I saw you posted on the B-day giveaway. I am hoping you have completed your move and are ready to get back in the game. To keep with in the rules of the forum I am compelled to ask; What type of loads should I concoct to shoot an 1880's era cartridge rifle in 45/70 and 50/70? I am thinking of the Remington rolling blocks and the Springfield trapdoors as likely candidates to add to the shooting collection. I would prefer not to blow them up if I can avoid it.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
    edited November -1
    Can someone please send Iconoclast a message and have him e-mail me @ duece5@metrocast.net. Tell him to send an e-mail to Red.

I am just setting up a new hard drive and need his contact.

Thanks!

Red
    edited November -1
    I was doing some cleaning and came across some .32 auto rounds with a 32 asp headstamp. Are the Savage rounds worth anything as loose ammo? I know the boxed stuff brings a good price. Just curious.

Woods

It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    edited November -1
    In responding to Saxonpig's post I remembered I have a old WWI or WWII pointer of some sort. Imagine a 30.06 size case sawn in half with a black wooden rod between the case halves. So you have a part of the case with the head one end with the case neck and bullet on the other end of the rod. The rimmed cartridge is unknown to me, no markings as I remember odd thing is the primer pocket is there but no holes are to be found inside it... Looks like it was a manufactured item, not home/hand made.

Ever seen one or have any ideas about it?

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
    edited November -1
    you got mail

Need your opinions/thoughts.

Thanks

JuJu(wondering)
    edited November -1
    Is this legitimate info.? This is kind of cool if its true, what are they worth? I'd be interested in these if they are real.

http://www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=11562571

marinesega2.jpg
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Someone gave me a coffee can full of reject 32 cal lead bullets. Just found a slip of paper in there marked 313249. Seems like a Lyman or Ideal number to me, but I can't find it listed anywhere. The bullets are single lube groove, round nose, weigh about 82 grains. Looks like it might make a nice bullet for my 32/20 revolvers. Just wondering if this rings any bells with you?

Woods
    edited November -1
    Accurate Reloading (http://www.accuratereloading.com/) has a new forum open that you might find of interest. http://www.serveroptions.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Cartridge+Collecting&number=43&DaysPrune=60&LastLogin=

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
    edited November -1
    Your package arrived today. Thank you very much.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
    edited November -1
    I couldnt find my thread that we were talking about the 454 in, but this is an update.
    I received the sizer, and the bullets resized perfectly. I loaded up 2 rounds, just so I can take them out and see if they will expand or shatter, but havent shot them yet today. Once I find out if the lead will be ok, I'll develop a load and see what I can do with it. My main concern now is that I put enough H110 in the case to start with, reloading data sucks for this caliber, since there are so many variations that seem to be unexplored. I have a 315 gr. bullet, with 26.5 gr. of H110, I think I'm right at the lowest amount of powder possible with this combination, but I want to be careful I dont go too low, and also too high, what with the bullet diameter diff. and primer diff. and COL diff. The crimp isnt even coming out where I want it to on the bullet, so we will see what happens with bullet pull too, but it wont be much of a test with these first two rounds. I dont think I'll even clock these, I just need to get a starting point. See ya later.

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Locks for sale. How many you need, seems you may be running low. Don[}:)][}:)][:D][}:)][}:)]

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reloading book. It came the other day. It is very good alot easyer to understand then the one that came with my kit. I hope to try reloading soon.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    I know, you would know or have an idea. I was at the range the other day and one of the gentlman was checking out my .17 Hmr and we started talking. Long story short he was talking so fast and I wish that I could have taken it all in, but, he made a comment that the .17 Hmr was modeled after a .14 Cal.?

Was the .14 a rimfire? Center fire? Just wondering

Thanks!

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"I know Everything!"

"My Wife is a Hair Stylist"
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U.R. quite welcome, brier.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)