In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Read this......I found this in an auction description

OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
........................................... Things to know BEFORE you bid CLICK HERE for Payment & Shipping Information YOU are about to enter a bid which constitutes a BINDING CONTRACT! All Bidders having a total feedback rating of -1 or less, or hidden feedback, or those who show 2 or more bid removals in the feedback profile, shall NOT enter a bid under any condition. Such persons who violate this provision and are deemed "the winner," at the conclusion of the sale shall be subject to, and by bidding agrees to, an additional fee of $1000.00 and cost to be paid to the Seller if a court action becomes necessary to collect the amount of the sale. Those persons who enter a bid in violation of this provision shall also have a protest filed against them asking for their removal from membership with Ebay. If you believe that you will not be required to buy at the end of the auction, DO NOT BID until you have CLICKED HERE to read this CONTRACT. If the link is not working, DO NOT BID. This contract was made necessary because a small number of children and some adults have entered bids in the past without the belief that a duty existed under the law to pay for the bid item. WE are sorry if you feel offended about this contract but it has become necessary in order to hold the lawless and disobedient accountable for their actions. WOW An extra $1000 for having bid retractions, negative or no feedback.
Orphanedcowboy@msn.com

Comments

• Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be enough to scare off new buyers with no feedback
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have only 1 positive feedback on GB and 66 on Ebay..All positive!!! He can Bite Me, why would I want to bid on his auction?
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I can sympathize - a little - because I'be been burned by deadbeats in perhaps 1% of my auctions, I would suspect that his pompous arrogance has cost him more sales than bad faith on the part of buyers. There are a small number of sellers who post verbiage of this nature (although this person is extreme even for that group). When I see it, I just move on, figuring anyone who acts like this must be a real d***head and dealing with them would require a tube of Preparation H. One has to wonder how they stay in business w/ such attitudes. Remember the guy a year or so ago who refused to post feedback for buyers because they 'only doing what they were legally obligated to do'? He didn't last long, but maybe this is the same jerk back again . . . I don't remember the username. Orphan you'd be doing us a service to note the auction # so we all could watch out for him.
  • Options
    tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoever would buy from someone like this is really hard-up for whatever this guy is sellin'. How'd y'all like to have somebody like this as a next door neighbor? Tideman
    "Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Seller must be a Lawyer
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the internet; I can pretend to be anybody and bid. I thought a binding contract required at minimum a signature, preferably with a witness or notary public.
  • Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    6~18X 65mmLU SNIPER Scope for day/night use #1049591839 http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=sales@custom-electronics.net&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25 He even had it listed in an auction for a 14 dollar solar panel. I just happened upon him looking for winchester parts and was kinda taken back, I have had people ask me to cancel their bids before, and I have, I figure if I don't accomadate them then they are less likely to shop with me, This was to much though
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Keep watching. I predict that either the silly legalese or the seller will disappear.I, for one, would never cast a bid with such a seller. I might even contact him if possible and tell him why. Sounds like he could use some education in customer relations.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He can get a judgement, but a judgement ain't green. Nor can you take it to the bank and cash it.
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    He has 23 of these:Complaint : sent money order next day never received item do not deal with this person Response by sales@custom-electronics.net - Ended 11-21, never answered emails, we entered neg feedback Dec-06-01 on him Complaint : Sent bad item, lied through out and refuse to finish tranaction. BUYER BEWARE!!! Follow-up by jonsfmly@fix.net - 2nd unit is correct, promised return S&H on wrong item but won't send LIED AGAIN Response by sales@custom-electronics.net - WE SENT 2 UNITS & the 2nd picked by our attorney from 3, CANT PLEASE THIS BUYERThats few too many for me to trust a seller[This message has been edited by 22WRF (edited 12-17-2001).]
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best defense is a good offense . . . . Perhaps the verbal overload in the listings is to distract potential bidders from the seller's less than sterling feedback??? Besides, that's eBarf.[This message has been edited by Iconoclast (edited 12-17-2001).]