In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Harrisburg PA Gun Show

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
OK, lets have a show of hands. Everyone who plans to attend the Harrisburg, PA gun show on Saturday December 8th., please raise your hand. Those of you in the back of the room, raise them higher so I can see and get a count. Better yet, please email me (link at bottom) so we know whose going and can plan on meeting somewhere. It is a large show, 1200 tables, so we should plan to find each other at a specific place....Really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!
It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com [This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 11-19-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    DiabloDiablo Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is it being held?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Diablo, Sorry.......guess that would help Farm Show Complex on Cameron St.Charlie
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have a feel for the show 'type' - is it mostly new / hunting items or is there a significant amount of older material of a collector nature - notably, in my case, ammo? Long drive just to look at M94s & Tasco scopes . . .
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast.....It's one of the biggest on the East coast. If you can't find it there, you don't need it.The Farm Show Complex is very easy to find. It's within rock throwing distance of I-81. I-81 has signs to "Farm Show Complex". Just follow them. (Or the huge stream of pick-ups with gun racks.)Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-20-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody missed this post, here it is again. I will put it up several times, so that everyone who is interested will see it.Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard that that there is going to be additional PARKING FEE for the show, plus the $ 7.00 admission. If you have the phone number to M.A.A.C. (show promoter), give them a call, so you don't go un-prepared.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, mudge the helpful (today's version?) - thanks. Basically, I'd be driving 10 hours +/- each way, so I would hesitate to do that unless I had a good chance of finding *lots* of goodies, which for me would be collector ammo.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comp, the man's name is "NICK" and the phone number is 570 679-2250. Let us know, ok?-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    arthur wellingarthur welling Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, a parking fee is usually charged at the farm/home center, and there is a gate fee of course.On the plus side it's a quality show with something for everyone. New, used, ammo, extra's, all kinds of stuff. Last few shows there they have set up a seperate hall with 'military collectable' venders and some nice displays.I expect I'll go. Would like to have an FR8 to shoot up some of my .308 with...(grin).Then again, a Romanian SKS to shoot up my 7.62x39 with would be nice...(GRIN)If I go.... 6'2", 340 pounds, beard, they call me 'Grump' at work and I look it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dunno'...as many shows as I've been to there (gun and bike) I don't recall ever having to pay a parking fee. I'm gonna' call the guy today though and post whatever he tells me.Icon......No way, Jose. At least I wouldn't invest that much time to go to ANY show.I'd be glad to look for stuff you might need but I've found that with most collectors, it's a kinda' "I'll know it when I see it" sort of thing so I probably wouldn't be much help.Mudge the failure
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mudge - thanks again. From a private communication, I'm kinda leaning toward attending. Besides, if a number of GB types will be there, it will give us a chance to associate some ugly mugs w/ the names we see so often - and probably be glad we have electronic communication! If a rendevous is planned, please post the details.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Icon......OK but 10 hrs. each way. Man you gotta' be hard up for entertainment.Mudge the impressedAlso...see my post re: parking fee
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would consider the trip as well, as a former Pennsylvanian. Looking for directions ...
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan on being at home #2 in N.Y. around that time, maybe I would find the time to drive the 6 hours there....If enough others decide to show...I sure wouldn't mind meeting you guys..(Mudge, I promise not to talk religion! not a word! I respect your comments)
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Matthew.....Go to www.mapquest.com. Tell it where you are and where you want to go. Or tell me where you are and I'll tell you where to go.......did I say that right?????Mudge the geographer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I use yahoo for maps ...Just under 4 hours, approx. 180 miles, directions printed.
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be there looking to trade my russian sks, glock and beretta on some varmit guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1blitzer, what type of barretta is that? I'm looking for a 92...
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mudge the impressionable - when one lives in the tailend of nowhere (by my own choice & not complaining), virtually any large show involves a long trip. Plus, I have the geographical blockade of NY, MA & Canada with which to contend. Upper New England is surrounded by hostile territory so there are relatively few dealers to draw from in those areas & even fewer cross those zones to come into the far Northeast from the other civilized portions of the country.
  • Options
    1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travelor,Contact me at Teeeck@cs.com for more information
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's soooooo easy to find the farm show complex in H-burg. I 81 north or south to old exit 23, follow signs for Cameron street. Farm show on the right side 1/4 mile off interstate. Those of you comming from the west off I80, Old exit 24 off 80, follow rt26 south to 322 east, follow 322 to H-burg, go under I 81 and it is on the right side 1/4 mile. From pa turnpike west,,exit 16 Carlisle, follow rt11 noth to 81 north see previous directions, ,turnpike from east exit 19, follow I283 north to I83 north to I 81 south ,,see previous. If you can't find it you need to turn in your drivers license,lololol.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The following GB people are expected to attend. If I missed anyone, please let me know. Thanks.....Mr & Mrs Mudge the married IconoclastM.OpaliskiTravelornjretcop1blitzergunpac7mm_ultra_mag_is_kingMarkIIibtruknsalzoandrew adamsarthur welling
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How are we gonna meet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    travelor, just look for the group surrounded by the Harrisburg Police, this crew gotta be arrested, lol.Seriously, we will let everyone know where to meet, probably inside the main door at a specific time. Stay tuned.Suggestions accepted. -Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com [This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 11-23-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two things ...How come Mudge gets to be first on the list? Oh, that's right, first one through pays the entrance fees.And, I have no plans on becoming better aquanited with those in Law Enforcement in Pa. unless we're talking something other than Miranda ...
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an Idea on where to meet, If y'all want to there is a truck stop 10 min from the show called Clarks ferry. If you come off of I81 and instead of going east on Cameron street go west on 322 for 8 miles the truck stop is on the right side as soon as you cross the river. It would be an easy place to meet and then Carpool down to the show because the place will be packed. If antbody else needs directions to H-burg let me know as I only live a short piece from the show complex. Heck I can tell you how to get here from anywhere 'cause I'm a trucker and I have a Rand Mcnally programmed into my head!
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That carpool idea would save ~Mudge the Philanthropist~ a bundle, might be a good way to go. The downside is you wait for a ride if you're ready to go ahead of the pack.I'm up for either plan.
  • Options
    ShowPromoterShowPromoter Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES - the show in HBG is a good one BUT the Gun Show destined to be the best all-around Gun Show on the East Coast is being held at the Valley Forge Convention Center in King of Prussia, PA. on Dec. 22 and 23, 2001.Hope to see you there!
  • Options
    ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am planning to be there. What time do you want to meet at the truck stop?Is this the truck stop with the adult book store next to it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr. Showpromoter....With all due respect...Thanks for the input. Think I'll take it with a grain of salt. After all, you DO have a vested interest in touting the Valley Forge Show. We shall see. Mudge the skeptical
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CLAIR -It was decided in another thread to meet inside the show, at the NRA table, at 1030.