In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BATF Continues To Illegally Harass Gun Dealers

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
BATF Continues To Illegally Harass Gun Dealers Maybe it does not matter who is in the White House when it comes to the BATF, because they are like an "evil empire" onto themselves. Although much has changed with the new Republican administration in Washington, creating a pro-gun mood, the BATF continues to abuse their powers. The BATF is still enforcing Clinton administration era policy to force small "mom & pop" gun dealers out of the business. By pulling dealer licenses for the most minor infraction of Federal, state, or local laws, including the "evil" violation of not being locally zoned for commercial business, they have eliminated three out of four gun licenses in the last seven years. This is not enough for the "evil empire" though. They now break the law by stalling on new license applications, stalling on license transfers, & wrongfully rejecting license applicaions. The most recent example of such abuse, that has been made public, is in regards to the treatment of well-liked internet gun dealer, JC Armory. Apparently this dealer was tired of New Jersey's oppressive gun laws & decided to move the business to Pennsylvania for some freedom. The BATF had sixty days to legally process his change of business address, but after ninety days the government organization did nothing (breaking the law). This left the gun dealer unable to continue his gun business in the long-term. Unlike most smaller dealers, JC Armory sued the Secretary of the Treasury (the ultimate head of the BATF). They beat the government, as the court ordered the agency to issue a new gun dealer license for the new business location. Gun owners must take action to stop these underhanded attempts to hurt smaller dealers. Please e-mail the Attorney General & the BATF licensing division to ask them to stop the abuse. The NCRF will join the efforts of Gunowners of America to convince President G.W. Bush to disband this rouge organization. http://www.nationalccw.com/

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny this should be brought up. As of a week ago, the BATF is 1 week overdue in processing my FFL application. They have no reason not to approve my application immediately, let alone drag their feet. When I call, all I get is smoke blown into my fecal canal. I'm at the point where I'm ready to hire a lawyer. I'm going to be an Internet based gun shop, with no face to face business. Still, I got the approval of my propery owners. The ATF agent in charge of my case then called and more or less bullied the guy saying he wanted everything in writing and that it was going to be his * if I sold a gun to a felon. Needless to say, my property owner had to re-think his stance, but luckily he stayed on my side and we're waiting on ATF's next move. Any advice? The whole thing has been a nightmare. $2,500 dollars later and no FFL...
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, the guy who was messing with my landlord was the branch supervisor. I'm not sure if Mr. Ashcroft has time to take my complaint! :-)As for the $2,500 (and climbing, I might add!), in addition to the ATF's fees, there were state and city fees, stationary to buy, business cards, new computer software, and attorney's fees for setting up the company. I'm not planning on doing this thing "half-arsed", hence all the expense. I still haven't set up a website yet! I'm sure THAT will cost an arm and a leg. My point is that it's looking like I may spend $5,000 on a business that the government is trying to keep me, a law-abiding citizen, from opening. What's up with that? This jerk from the Olympia, WA office is doing everything possible to get my application turned down. I'd like to here from Matt Opaliski on this. Didn't he say his recent application and interview went as smooth as could be? In regards to the face-to-face business thing, I'm sure I might do a sale or two that way, but only to family and friends. I don't want strangers knowing that I deal out of my home. I still run my pool store full time, so I can't be home to answer the door should some nutjob walk up looking for a score.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Heheheheehehheheehhe..land of the free..what in'ells the matter with YOU !!!
  • Options
    ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil, Be sure and let us know when you're up and running. Elbesta
  • Options
    J.JohnJ.John Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my FFL a year and a half ago . Took ninety days, but a tornado destroyed the BATF office, and along with it and my application. Two weeks after the storm the young agent in charge called me, set up a meeting, brought what was left of my application, we filled out a new one, she immediately sent it to Atlanta, and one week later I had my license in hand. Outstanding!