In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

22 revolver for plinking

358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
what brand and model 22 revolver and at what distance do you use to plink with. looking to buy another and would like to hear what others shoot for fun.

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a s&w 614 10 shot, very accurate and smooth
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Looking at one of those looong barreled Rugers at the shop. 12 inch barrel I believe. If nothing else the site radius would make it an accurate gun.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Ruger Single Six,
    Colt Frontier Scout
    If want to go single action

I will try and remember to bring my Hi Standard Sentinel up to the range

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers

happy_fc.gif
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    have the Ruger Single Six sold off the Colt scout kept the old colt huntsman was thinking about a 999 sportsman kind of wanted a double action but didn't want spend over $200 to $225. now I have to fix another problem [B)]

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Model 17 Smith K-22 Masterpiece. 25 Yds it shoots good.
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger MK II, Single-Six and an old High Standard Trophy.
    22WRF...A Frontier Scout was the first revolver I ever bought. Got a couple when they first came out in the 50s...$49.50 each, brand new. Dang, I wish I had them now.....[:D][}:)]
  • homer4homer4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a High Standard "Double Nine" with a 6" tube. It's an oldie but still a sweet shooter.

"...Abby someone""Abby who"..."Abby Normal"
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    A model 6" 17 K-22 S&W. They are good to at least 50 yards.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Old Model 17 Smith K-22 Masterpiece. 25 Yds it shoots good.

Agreed, awesome shooters.
  • ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    Well I use a cheap 'ol NEF R92 Ultra with a 6" barrel. It shoots great and I put on a cheap BSA Red dot and can shoot 8" targets at 50yrds. This is my little squirl gun.

Ray

More Powder, More Lead, More Dead
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The two on the top right are High Standard Double Nines. They can be found for around $200.00 on the auctions. Double action, fixed sights, nine shot. They also had a convertible, with a magnum and LR cylinder. Pretty nice little shooters.

picture.JPG

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a cute Savage 101 at a gun shop last month. I think I have the right model number. It is a single shot that only looks like a revolver. Is that a good gun for messing around? It was in pretty good condtition and cost about $100.[?][?]
  • BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my little Taurus M94, 4 inch barrel, 9 shot, adjustable sights, double action. I have just shot a few cans with it so far, but it is light and handy.

KC
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:BoltactionMan Posted - 02/28/2004 : 10:23:41 AM
    I like my little Taurus M94, 4 inch barrel, 9 shot, adjustable sights, double action. I have just shot a few cans with it so far, but it is light and handy.

KC

that is one that I have been thinking about but with a six inch barrel how do they shoot?

Mysecuritychief.jpg

• greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    One of my favorite calibers...AND Semi-Auto's lets not forget!

Colt Diamondback 22 LR & 22 Mag
    S&W Model 41-(got it from ISP last yr - shoots real good)-Thanks JC
    Colt Ace
    Conversion's for Browning Hi-Powers
    ...plus 3 rifles
    Love them all!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan Wesson made a very nice double action 22 revolver. I believe they are in production again.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.