In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rachael Ray -- packs a gun??

calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
My wife is watching a recorded episode of Rachael Ray as I'm on gunbroker. She said that she was mugged twice in one week about 15 years ago and that's why she left New York. Of course, she's back in New York now.

She said on her show, "Yeah, come try it now! I'm carrying!"

Of course, she started laughing after that and made hand motions that suggested that she was kidding.

Comments

• cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never watched her show, but seen her on some of the late night talk shows. She dresses in fairly snug clothing that would limit carry options. I wouldn't mind checking to see, but I'm pretty sure the wife wouldn't let me.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt it especially with her being in New York. She could be in a heap of shiet if she was caught carrying.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I can see how many folks have a big big problem with most anyone defending themselves, their families or their property.

Yeah stuff like that can be quite troublesome indeed.
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the other hand, she's a celebrity in NY. They have different rules then us common people. If you're famous enough, rich enough, or connected, you can do things the ordinary folks can't.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lead
    On the other hand, she's a celebrity in NY. They have different rules then us common people. If you're famous enough, rich enough, or connected, you can do things the ordinary folks can't.

Hey Imus and Beck got carry permits in NY, I'm sure if you got the cash and the connections you can get a permit.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    She's from the Saratoga area in Upstate New York. She could have a state permit that's good everywhere except NY City.
  • ColtsPythonColtsPython Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Hey Imus and Beck got carry permits in NY, I'm sure if you got the cash and the connections you can get a permit.

Yep, NY is a have/have nots state. If you have money and or fame, you will have a full carry pistol permit, if you don't have money or fame these liberal pos judges will rule you have no justifiable reason to carry.

I once knew a woman who had a serious stalker, guy was so bad that one night when she got home from work as a nurse in the middle of the night, she found him in her apartment sitting on her couch in the dark.

Want to know what the judge told her to do upon denying her CCW aplication? That's right, to get ANOTHER order of protection.

This poor woman not only had to live her days in fear for her life but also in fear of being prosecuted for the illegal handgun she chose to carry anyway.

Yet they issued one to Howard freaking Stern, Sean Hannity, Don Imus, Glen Beck and that old jewish interviewer who had a really hot young wife and recently retired(forget his name)among many others in the entertainment industry.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A hottie that packs. Yeah baby.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20

Don't forget that she COOKS too! [:D]
    edited November -1

The term "Hottie" in this case is certainly debatable.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I think she is showing the Fox guy where she conceals it.
    Rachael-rachael-ray-25268314-480-630.jpg
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ColtsPython

Would not turn her down thats for sure.
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    She's got some LCP to go with her EVOO? LOL![:D]

quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    My wife is watching a recorded episode of Rachael Ray as I'm on gunbroker. She said that she was mugged twice in one week about 15 years ago and that's why she left New York. Of course, she's back in New York now.

She said on her show, "Yeah, come try it now! I'm carrying!"

Of course, she started laughing after that and made hand motions that suggested that she was kidding.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Ya got to accept a few curves when they can cook [;)].....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Yep I'm From NY One Nickle to Rub against Itself and All I Have is a Pretty Wife And They Gave Me A Full Carry Permit Whysat?[:D]

Yep, NY is a have/have nots state. If you have money and or fame, you will have a full carry pistol permit, if you don't have money or fame these liberal pos judges will rule you have no justifiable reason to carry.

I once knew a woman who had a serious stalker, guy was so bad that one night when she got home from work as a nurse in the middle of the night, she found him in her apartment sitting on her couch in the dark.

Want to know what the judge told her to do upon denying her CCW aplication? That's right, to get ANOTHER order of protection.

This poor woman not only had to live her days in fear for her life but also in fear of being prosecuted for the illegal handgun she chose to carry anyway.

Yet they issued one to Howard freaking Stern, Sean Hannity, Don Imus, Glen Beck and that old jewish interviewer who had a really hot young wife and recently retired(forget his name)among many others in the entertainment industry.
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    She's a liberal. Liberals don't carry guns, they may fantasize about doing it but never do.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1

Yeah, like Plaxico Burris...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ
    She's a liberal. Liberals don't carry guns, they may fantasize about doing it but never do.

Source?
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FESS UP.

YOU'D HIT IT!

[^]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Tough little gal.

quote:While working at a specialty grocery store in Manhattan, Ray is mugged in her Queens apartment. "This kid comes in behind me - next thing I know he shoves my face up against the door, jams a gun into my back and says, 'Give me your bag,'" she tells PEOPLE in 2007. She maces him, but he returns the following weekend: "He dragged me down the alley and beat the crap out of me with his gun." Ray realizes New York isn't for her, and within a week moves back upstate
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1

Source?

My wife, the professional TV watcher who watches way too much TV, says so.

Supporter of the Big O.

Watch her on talk shows and form your own opinion.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RR visited the station I work at a couple years ago, but we have a no arms in the building rule. Except cops and baseball bats of course.

Sunny Anderson is the only Food Network chef that I know was in the service. I bet she got choppers.
    edited November -1

Source?

My wife, the professional TV watcher who watches way too much TV, says so.

Supporter of the Big O.

Watch her on talk shows and form your own opinion.

I've seen her show as well. She HAS to support Oprah since Oprah is the one the produces her show. However, I've never heard her say anything that makes me think she leans left OR right. From what I have seen, she pretty much leaves politics out of her show (as she should).
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

BTW, don't include the CITY in with the rest of NY State. Completely different people and mindset.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I 100% agree[:(!] but you forgot being jewish.....that will get you a ccw automatic.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    Yep I'm From NY One Nickle to Rub against Itself and All I Have is a Pretty Wife And They Gave Me A Full Carry Permit Whysat?[:D]

Not from the city are you?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

Since when is the major city in a state, not a part of the state? I have a carry permit in NY state, Westchester county for a fact. I still can't carry in NY city legally, ALL those mentioned above CAN carry in the city legally. Know what you say before you say it, if not for yourself, as a courtesy to others.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

BTW, don't include the CITY in with the rest of NY State. Completely different people and mindset.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder where she hides it?
    2009-03-02-rachaelRayFHM5.jpg
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.