In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High Cap Mags

gameboygameboy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
I have a guy who wants to bid on some high cap mags who lives in Michigan. Anything wrong with him bidding and paying for them and me sending them to an FFL in Michigan. He has a plan to reterive them from the dealer at a gunshow in VA. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Food for thought.In sept. the 1994 gun ban is set to expire.It was allowed to pass,but with a 10 year life span.

A. Do you think this will push prices of banned items down because they can be manufactored again?(i.e. high caps)

B. Do you think congress will allow the ban to expire?

[?][?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found this in my email this morning, maybe some of you did as well, but if not, it is a new web-site for high cap mags called:
    www.highcapmags.com

As I have no need for them, I am passing this info along to the board in case anyone is looking for them. I looked at the site, but am not that familiar with prices for these items.

Old njretcop needs new glasses, make it:
    www.highcapmags.com

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Edited by - njretcop on 12/03/2002 19:27:30
  • Options
    WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First there is no such thing as "high cap mags" mags simply hold the number of rounds they do. You do not have to send mags to a FFL just mail them to him. "High cap mag" is liberal lingo used in the now DEAD assult weapons Ban Act which was a waste of time and paper from day one
  • Options
    RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Careful here now, While the "federal ban" expired overall, including high capacity definition, you DO have some states that prohibit their residents from possesing such magazines, or such firearms.

While you may sell them legally in your state, it will not be legally for them to receive them or import them into a specific State.

Some catalog suppliers will not ship them to those states for the same reason. It is stupid, but it is "their" law.[V][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, let me restate that. In MG he cannot receive 30rd mags. He can receive 20rd mags. If you go to any site like Tapco and click on mags you will get a popup that names 5 states that they will not ship mags to. This is a state thing, not Federal. One more time, is there anything wrong with him paying me directly and having me ship them to a FFL?
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ?? When did MI ban Hi Caps??
    There is no reason you can't send them direct to the buyer.
    Don

Gizmogizmo.gif
    eng.JPG

Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.