In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sounds fair enough.....

spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
An email someone sent me today...

" Dear Fellow Business Owners

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to
the fact that Barack Obama will be our next president, and that my
taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Customer will
have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8-10%.

I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered
me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who
will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking
lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employee's cars.

I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem.
If you
have a better idea, let me know.

I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.

Sincerely
xxxxxxx "

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [^][:)]sounds fair to me
  • Options
    redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if obama gets in hold on it is going to be rough!!!
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fatwiteguy
    I'm no Obama fan, but arn't you jumping the gun a little, to take a persons job away without even seeing what happens.

I know a tax increase like he is suggesting will put at least 2 of our newer folks out on the street, and put a couple of the guys behind desks out on the floor...
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employee's cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

Now I know it is BS! In real life you can say hello to a wrongful termination attorney who'll be representing all of the folks who got canned. This will be an easy class action suit and is the same as if the firing involved all jews (I guess I should use Muslims since this is Gun Broker), all blacks or all women at the same firm.
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    nope just say reduction in force

quote:Originally posted by kristov
    I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employee's cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

Now I know it is BS! In real life you can say hello to a wrongful termination attorney who'll be representing all of the folks who got canned. This will be an easy class action suit and is the same as if the firing involved all jews (I guess I should use Muslims since this is Gun Broker), all blacks or all women at the same firm.
  • Options
    jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Panic is setting in!![xx(]
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jon o

Panic is setting in!![xx(]

No, just being prepared, theres lots of zumbos pulling to the "o"
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.