In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

looking for hardware

ChadyckChadyck Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
i need to get my hands on a 1/2 by 28 tpi drill and tap kit,haven't been able to find it at my local home depot. any thoughts? thanks!

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    27/64 .4219 for 1/2-13
    29/64 .4531 for 1/2-20 I would dubble check the thread pitch
    28 sound real fine for 1/2"

Ok figured out what your doing, you might need to go to a smith or machinest to get it done. Don't think you are going to find it readely avaliable.

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    look here

http://www.mscdirect.com/mscdirect.process

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try me,
    www.wttool.com[:D]
    Looks like a special order, we list 1/2"-24 and 1/2"-32.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1/2"-28 will run $9.95 for a plug. drill size will depend on the fit you want, but like FrancF said 29/64 should work ok.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.