In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got scammed by eBay SPOOF mail today

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Thank you for publishing news of these fraudulent e-mails that appear to be from eBay. I got one today and before I knew it I had "logged on" using my password. As soon as I remembered the thread on GB, I pulled out of the website and went over to eBay in a fresh window and changed my password. Then I sent the e-mail to spoof@ebay.com as requested, and guess what? It was a fake. Luckily, I didn't hit 'Send' on my credit card number. You guys stopped me just in time; I would have fallen for it had it not been for that nagging memory buzzing around in my head that I heard about some e-mails from eBay that were scamming people. It's true.

The website they've built is a dead ringer for the eBay forms for logging on and entering credit card info. Man, they almost had me. BEWARE, everyone.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I have also received this same email several times.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I received one of those today to, the html was jacked up in mine, so it made me check it out. I reported it also.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.