In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I just thought about this.

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I was home watching the Good Morning America live, about a plane hit the WTC, at first a thought it was horrible accident when all the sudden I saw another plane come and explode into one of the Towers, I was like oh * what the heck just happened, remember this was all live. And in the news room every screamed, and right then I was going crazy, I had never seen something so big happen live on TV before. I called my mom who works at a local high school and told her someone hijacked two plane and crashed them into the WTC, she was shocked no one at the school knew anything about it until I called her. See said they'll try and get a tv as soon as possible. I started watching the news all morning then they showed the WTC up close, and I was thinking to my self I hope it dosnt fall, then a few minutes later the first tower fell, I was i shock, I couldnt beleive what was happening, I called my mom agian and asked her if they saw what just happened, and she said no, what. I told her one of the towers competley fell. And in a crying type voice she said oh my God. thanks for telling use Gene we still cant ge a tv in here, call me if something else happens. I started to watch the news agian and few minutes later the second tower fell, and there were reports that a plane hit the Pentagon. I called my mom agian and told her everything, by now she was crying and I even found my self with tears in my eyes, and talking with a shakey jaw. Her whole class was shocked, a few minutes later she told me her class finally got a tv, but they couldnt watch it because they had to leave the school as soon as possible, and the ROTC kids where told not to wear there uniforms because they might be targets. All the schools in my town where closed since our airforce base has about 30 B1 bomber and nuclear missles the schools thought that our town might be a target. A few days later I started to think that as I was watching the news live, I was watching thousands of people die right in front of my eyes, almost in real time. Then I remebered that my uncles aunt worked in the 2nd floor from that top in the First tower that was hit. I called my uncle in Dallas and asked if they knew if she was all right? And they had no Idea, I asked them to call me back as soon as they found something out. A few hours later I got a call from them and she said that it was a maricle that she got out alive, heres the story how she got out, she went to work at her normal time, went to her office almost at the very top, and a few minutes into her work she got a strong urge to smoke, but WTC had a policy that if you wanted to smoke you couldnt go to the top of the building and smoke even if it was just one story away. So she went all the way down stairs and out in front of the building to smoke, then she said a few seconds after lit it she heard a plane fly over head and looked up just in time to see it crash into the building she was just in, she ran away as fast as she could until she was at a safe distance, I still cant beleive that one of my family members was there when it happend. The last time I saw her was at a wedding and she was very nice and kind, im glad shes alright. I thought to myself how could someone hate us so much that they dont care that they killed thousands of people, even women and children, and someone said that these people wernt cowards since they killed themselfs, and the USA uses missles to attack from hundredes of miles away. Well I say they are cowards for killing civilains, that had no way of defending themselfves, if they didnt want to be called cowards they could have at least declared war on us and fight our soilders, and not kill thousands of unarmed people, but even then that would still be wrong. And after thinking about this a thought about what someone told me when my best friend died in a car crash, he told me this after I asked him how could God let this happen to my best friend, it wasnt his fault. Because he died when he was going out to lunch and the road was icy, so when he was turning around this curve his car turned sideways and he ran right into the front of the gaurd rail which went right through his car and impaled him, he died a few hours later. And he told me that God doesnt close a door without opening a window, and that was true it made me love my family and friends even more, and not to hate anyone because we are all a big family. That made me think that God opened a window for the WTC tragity, and that window is that this tragity brought all of America together, and we are more united than ever. This terrorist attack didnt pull us apart, but instead brought us together.

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Gene those religious idiots miscalculated big time. They are now reaping the harvest.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    dsr611dsr611 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    09/11/01 was a sad, tragic day in American History. 5000+- people killed(will we ever know) and numerous others lost, unaccounted for, etc. I, too, saw it all live on TV. But what really scared me was the fact that I got off of work that morning at 6am, stopped by WalMart to pick up some groceries and decided to pick up a DVD to watch. I had not seen "RED DAWN" in years so I bought it. When I got home, after putting the food away, I turned on the DVD player and TV at the same time and as I was about to put the DVD in, the Special Reports started coming in. All I could think about was one of the 1st scenes in RED DAWN, when the Russian soldiers were parachuting into the school yard. That was the one and only time in my 29 years of life that I have actually been scared for my life. I knew something would likely not happen in the small city that I live in, but who knew what was going to happen and when? I immediately grabbed my rifle and loaded it, and watched as everything began unfolding. One thing that this whole ordeal has done though, we may have bent, but we did not break!!!