In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone got a good luck charm?

boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Or even little prayers will do. Nothing serious, I'm kinda like SaxonPig was a few weeks back with his exam. I'll be taking a test Saturday to become a Certified Quality Auditor through the American Society for Quality. Any tokens coinage dropped in wishing wells on my behalf appreciated, but the prayers are preferred. Thanks.

Comments

• RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will sacrifice a great antlered Whitetail on your behalf to the appease the testing gods....good luck!
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Rembrandt. I got ahold of an excellent-condition rifled slug barrel for my shotgun for $75. It's quite a story that I will have to tell. Anyone requiring the sacrifice of a white-tail buck in mid-december may inquire of my services within.And then there's Jeremy....Privately practicing parishoner of the PVM.[This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 11-30-2001).]
  • b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah my good luck charm is called "GLOCK"
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey boeboe, forget the stupidstition and do something that might really help:1) Make sure you know the material2) Get a good nights sleep on Friday3) Eat a healthy breakfast B4 the exam4) Take a vitamin w/breakfast5) Drink plenty of water, but not so much that you have to leave the exam room to pee constantly.6) If it's a multiple-choice exam, complete those items you know for sure first and go back to the rest later.7) If it's an essay exam scribble outlines first, then it's easier to compose paragraphs without jumping back and forth.8) Relax, you'll do fine...I always did these things before my tests in college and they always worked. Worth a try right?Oh, and carry a rabbit's foot taped to a wooden nickel
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't find anythig more "charming" than Mrs. Mudge. Mudge the incredibly lucky
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there's a break during testing, get outside and walk around fast for a while. Do some pushups. Get's the blood circulating and picks you right up. I also eat a powerbar during the break so I don't get sleepy during the second part.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    If there's any way to possibly do it...CHEAT.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carry the empty cartidge case from that prize buck you dropped... No luckier object for a man to have, unless it was the case from that perp you dropped to save your life or that of a loved one.
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltaire~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Thanks to everyone, I think concealedG36 has the best advice, but cheeting isn't too far off the mark either. I got everything lined out, the exam is at 8 in the morning so I took the vitamin just a bit ago. I think I'll take a couple of asprin with the donuts in the morning, just to help with any heart attack symptoms (and loosen up the blood flow). Thanks again.