In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boeboe ... have you seen this BM-59?

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
A few of us GBers got together this morning for breakfast at Cracker Barrel then went to the Blue Ridge Mall Gun show in KC [:D]

Anyway, I saw a Golden State Arms BM-59 there ... said it took M-14 mags. I figured since I knew an expert on them I figured I'd ask him (you) about its value ... had a Springfield receiver, was not marked Beretta that I could see ... looked to be in 92-95% condition or so, he was asking $999 for it.

When I asked him for a card he told me he was from the Wichita area and would be at the Chisum Trail show next week ... he's Captin Joe - 4 Flags Trading Post ... I have his number if you want it.

Thoughts?

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Tony, guess I'm kinda late responding to this. That's the problem with being away for a good computer while on business, but thanks for thinking of me. It is definately a reweld, no doubt about that, that's how Golden State made them. I think I have seen the rifle. If it takes M14 mags, it is like a BM59, but not one. Walter Craig sold some he called the "Model 11" or "M-11" back in the 60's that were basically BM59 style rifles that took M14 mags.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.