In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How are Tec 22

ccasey612ccasey612 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
I won a tec 22 in a auction today. I hear they are crappy guns but are fun to shoot. What do you think? Is this something to hang in the office or throw on the shelf until it is time to have some fun?

If you will blame gun makers for every shooting then blame car maker for every car accident.

Comments

• Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I own a tech 22 and it is fun to shoot.I have been told some of the high capacity 10/22 mags will work in them but some will not,cannot remember which ones.The gun is not quality built but it was free might as well have fun with it.I had to buy mine

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had several of 'em. They are fun to shoot. Slap a 30 round mag in and blast away!! The ones that I had were somewhat finiky with ammo. Some of the cheap .22 ammo didn't have enough power to blow the bolt back and cycle another round in.

"Just my opinion."
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun dealers used to laugh about them -- until the prices went up on everything pre-ban. Anyway, everybody calls them a spraygun or a hose, so my guess is they're fun plinkers when you want one with cheap ammo. As for hanging it on the wall, I'm not sure there's that much prestige value....

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I have a few and as the guys say they are fun to shoot. Be ware though - only take one to a knife fight! You can use any mag (as far as I know) except Butler Creek. The mag fit in the piece is really bad. That goes for the Tec-9 as well. Even the factory mags. What you will find after a while, is that if you fully seat the mag and push it forward, it will fire fairly well. As for the Tec-9 if the darn thing misfires, just remove the 50 roubder and beat the bad guy over the head with it! Have fun. They are fairly inexpensive and a lot of fun to shoot.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Don't try to use any of the steel lipped mags/drums or the butler creeks in them. The best to use in them is the Ram-Line, they are close to the factory Tec-22 mags.

Some people have experienced jamming problems with them. That is magazine related, if you run into that problem wiggle the magazine up a bit into the well when you slip it in. It should work fine then.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.