In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

oldfriends

5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Hey oldfriends, I was just foolin' with you on the post about selling at gunshows when I posted the post pasted below. I meant no harm I hope none was taken.5dbMember posted 01-25-2002 11:14 PM
Look oldfriends, it would benefit me greatly if you didn't force this issue and just buy my book; "Gorilla marketing in today's Gun Shows" Published by I. Wish and sons, offered for sale at Barnes and Nobody's.Book one, Chapter two, clearly states; "finding a dowel rod to fit the barrel is a matter of taping a sign to your forehead that clearly states "THIS IS NOT A HOLD-UP I'M HERE FOR DOWEL" and take the gun in question into the local hardware store and test fit several dowels until finding the one that fits."In book two, you'll find where the advanced Walking Gun Show salesman will use what is commonly know as a Livestock stick. Made of fiberglass about 32" long with a taper measuring appx. .412 at the tip to 1.122 at the handle and is reversible for that "Professional fit". This "dowel" will avoid the problems you so accurately described. Of course using such professional equipment, the seller has to step up and sell guns with bigger holes in the barrels such as found in the Llama .45 pistol.
If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website