In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Crash Test?

5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
December 23rd 4" of snow fell, the next day Christmas Eve, the roads are slushy/icy. You are driving in a residential at noon and when approaching an controlled intersection with Stop signs for the cross traffic. You see a vehicle that will not be able to stop, in fact it appears the driver has not seen the Stop sign. You apply brakes hard, the ABS is working but there is no way you will miss the vehicle unless you take aggressive action by turning hard right. Do you make the turn knowing you will strike un-occupied parked cars or do you strike the offending vehicle?

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website

Comments

• Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would probably make an effort to go for the parked cars. I don't want to smack anyone on their driver side door, and I reckon if I'm going to be in an accident, I might as well do my best to minimize the number of people attending the event. Cars are replaceable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sundowner, That is exactly what my Bride did. Bad part is the car was a Station Wagon parked sideways in a drive in front of a Motor Home and another Station Wagon. The second Station Wagon was in front of a Corvette these three vehicles were parked normally. That is bumper to bumper.

Well when my little Bride dodged the violator, and struck the sideways Station Wagon, it hit the Motor Home and the second Station Wagon which then struck the Corvette. Five vehicles involved with claimed damage, and the little 16 year old girls car..... not a scratch.

Straight from the Three Stooges I'd say. ( My Bride suffered some bruising to her knee, same knee that's had 3 operations from an skiing accident.)

• Options
    Short TraderShort Trader Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully the violator was charged as the cause and not your wife? Glad no one was seriously injured.

Buy low, short high...
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    I'd like to think I would hit the offending vehicle so his/her insurance could pay the damages, but only if I had the time to think and could do it without killing someone (either vehicle) But these things happen so fast sometimes you just make a decision and go with it. Hard to think when your in that situation. Sounds like your bride made the right decision.

I choose the other cause I am somewhat of an *.[:D]

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    Will270win@nraonline.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The other driver was ticketed and the Traffic officer said my Bride did the right thing. Of course none of this makes any difference to her insurance company.....

will270win, My Bride has certainly thought about that after the fact. But at the end of the day, bending cars is better than sewing up people. And if'n I was that little girls Daddy, I'd be upset but happy she was okay.