In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how many shoots from a magnum???

Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I am try to find that magic number, you know the perfect load combo that my gun (rem 700 in 300 weatherby ) likes. I was at the range all day sat. and shot 62 rounds of that mule kicking stuff. All and as a break I was plinking with my 25-06 and kimber.HOW MANY ROUNDS HAVE YOU SHOT FROM A BIG MAG. IN A DAY??? OH I did have a past mag shoulder pad.
"The Constitution of most of our states(and the United States)asserts that all power is inherent in the people;that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."--Thomas Jefferson--

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    yea I fat fingered the o
  • Options
    DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've got me beat. I put 40 rounds through my Sako 300 UltraMag a couple weekends ago (at $45/box, that was enough). Felt it 3 days later. I mixed in some 30-06, .223, .243 and finished off at the pistol range with my 9mm. There was plenty of rest in between.
  • Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did up 50 rd's of 7mm through the Rem 700 SS DM today, used a old table cloth for a sissy pad.
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST
  • Options
    mindaminda Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You girls should try 500 rounds in a day of trap or sporting clays. Once shot over a whole bridk of ammo in one sitting in my marlin .22 auto loader. Finger got sore but my shoulder was fine.
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Expect to have more felt recoil due to Rem 700 stock design in all magnum calibers.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I took the best load combos from sat. made them up lastnight and have about 40 more to shot this sat. that will give the ole shoulder time to cure.
    "The Constitution of most of our states(and the United States)asserts that all power is inherent in the people;that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."--Thomas Jefferson--
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya'll a bunch of sissies... How about 1060 rounds of .300 Win. Mag. in a Remington 700 PSS in about 8 hours one Saturday. Have witnesses to the fact and I suffered from Nitrate poisoning (indoor range). It was part of the JOB, you know.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    SNIPER1048SNIPER1048 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WIMPS! I PUT 250 ROUNDS THRU MY 42 AT THE BIG MG SHOOT IN KY. BUT IT ONLY TOOK 13 SECONDS! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL DEER RIFLE SIGHT-IN AT THE RANGE.
    "START THE BALL ROLLING THERE, TECTOR"
  • Options
    Homer J SimpsonHomer J Simpson Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 5db, what is Nitrate poisoning and what are the symptoms and side effects?Otherwise, I shot somewhere around 1500 rounds of 12 ga. target loads over a two day clays shoot. 500 a day at sporting clays and maybe a case a day playing wobble trap, skeet, and pig and horse ( Same rules as he basketball game, make up a difficult shot, and everyone shoots, in turn, from the same spot.....) I actually got to the point where I didn't want to shoot anymore.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Homer J Simpson, In my case, Nitrate poisoning came on after about 8 hours of shooting inside the range. I was on the way home when I started feeling like I felt years ago on speed. Back then I enjoyed it, but now found it very uncomfortable by the time I made it home (25 min.) I knew there was a problem. No pain, just unable to calm down, felt wound-up and getting tighter. The poison control hotline people made the diagnosis, with fresh air being the prescribed remedy. It worked. Except this this this occasional twitch... I too was tired of shooting, the previous round of tests consisted of 800 rounds. I just wanted it to be over.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website[This message has been edited by 5db (edited 10-04-2001).]
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 5db, you know what they say, delegate, delegate, delegate. My phone number isssss
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    5db; did you take any breaks for lunch?At 2.2rounds per minute you must have slept very sound that night.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I can shoot a mag all day long!!For pactice,I like CCI-MAXI MAGSFor the hunt,I like Win.Super-X 40 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Expanding Bullet.I know I`m the man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    steve45, Truth is I delegated all I could, not able to hire the testing done, I even offered anyone shooting a chance to try the .300 Winch. had a few takers with the first 4000 rounds. But as the fun turned into work, most lost interest. That was one of the motivating factors, GET IT DONE! s.gun, I know I was shooting faster than that! I used a modern bolt action! To answer your question, I had a couple of Diet Cokes and a Snickers bar, my Mom would be proud! And no, sleep was fitful due to the Nitrates in my system (see above). Here's another little fact for you; The rifle got so hot, I found wiping the cases down with Kroil was the only way to get them to extract once fired. Keep that in mind if you ever get the hankering to do some T&E with a magnum.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website