In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ITS TURKEY SEASON!!!!

gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Yep, I took some time off work to chase these critters. Took a 22lb Tom yesterday he had 1.25in spurs and a 10in beard. Let me tell ya 2oz of #4 will do the trick, The Super Black Eagle did it again! Anyway the shot was 47 paces.All Smiles!
~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations. Personally, I do not think any hunting is as exciting as Spring Gobbler season.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    18 more days Salzo!
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Opens April 15th here in the Bluegrass State. Can't wait! My 8 year old is hunting with me. Gives me a reason to forget all the money I had to pay Uncle Sam this year.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    have a flock that passes through my fields every day. Word has it that on opening day they are planning a trip to Florida like they did last year.
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Y'all are making me jealous. I went on my first Turkey hunt with TrinityScrimshaw last year. We didn't have any luck but he always hauls in the bigguns in May. Nothing like hunting turkey all morning and going for some big pancakes at the Golden Unicorn out near Watertown, NY afterwards.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    gunnut way to go nice bird: here in Wi our first season opens tomorrow and my 5 day season is the 24th -28th hope its a good one this year
  • Options
    carbide1carbide1 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congraulations 6 more days in the Land of Lincoln!!
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Been watching them for several weeks now.My season( Michigan) begins on the 22nd.They are everywhere.I heard one gobble yesterday while filling my truck with gas at work. Later that morning I had a flock of hens run in front of me in the road.Thankfully they all made safely.Can`t wait till opening morning.
  • Options
    mdcacmdcac Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    iam going this weekend on my first turkey hunt. don't know much i anything about it but i can't waite
    mdcac
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice Bird my buddy and me are leaving for N.M. sunday for a weeklong hunt.I didn't get drawn in Az. this year, I did get a fall hen that we deep fried for Thanksgiving.mmmmmm
    What do all you folks use on them Toms?? I use a Bps 10 ga. My buddy is going bow this year(with the rem. in tow for back-up....

Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice Bird! Starts the 22nd here in Missouri.

KC
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys! I have been huntin hard last few days today we left the house at 0515 and didn't leave the woods till 1445. They were gobblin off the roost, however by 0830 the only way to get them to gobble was to use a crow call to make them shock gobble. Guess there with hens right now. Wishin everyone a good season!

The Nut

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always had luck with a "screamin' peacock" call to get them gobbling. Primos makes a call called the "triple shock"(peacock,coyote, pilleated woodpecker), and when I have to get them gobbling(something I have not had to do for the past couple of seasons cause the birds dont shut up)that call works great.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You skipped the Tulsa show to shoot a Jake???

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website