In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What the heck are jalapeno peanuts?

BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Is that some sort of southern thing? I've had jalapeno peppers, jalapeno relish, japapeno cheese dip and jalapeno ice cream, but never jalapeno peanuts. Although they do sound rather tasty!

Comments

• Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well ya see, It's an attempt to reduce in-breeding in the line of southern peanuts, some shmuck figured out how to cross peppers and peas... Nutty, Huh?
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course you know Bullz, that he is (as the Brits say) having you on. Actually it is a southwestern thing. We grow too many of these hot peppers and put them on everything to try to sell them.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I've never been to the southwest. Too hot and dry for my liking. Too many thunderstorms. Too much dust.And, more prominently, anywhere west is too close to California!
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    I second the California thing. This place is the pits!
    It has become my purpose in life to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know what they are, but bet their pretty good with a cool brewsky.
    Badges? We don't need no stikning badges!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To each their own Bullz, you could not get me to live in the land of humidity again. No ticks, no chiggers, few mosquitos, I have native grass in the back yard and mow 2 times a summer max. Fifth largest state, 1.5 million people = lots of room for me.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullz,Jalapeno nuts are actually a common symptom of sloppy salsa dipping, and nasty scratching habits.Munkey
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Monkey, ROFLMAO!!! (only 585 to go)
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullz, the SW is "too close to California"?????

Wake up, buddy. Do the terms "Sullivan Act" "Schumer" "Clinton" "Moynihan" "Sen. Robert Kennedy" ring any bells? Understand your feelings about the climate, but man, the *political* climate of your locale ain't a lot better than it is w/ the Kalifornicating Left Coast!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast--Excellent points. It's amazing how the politics of one city (NYC) can dictate the laws and the elected officials for the ENTIRE state. I lived there for 18 months and miss the hell out of the area where I lived but feel like I have more freedom now. I'm in a state that seems over-run by Democrats. Iowa always votes for the Democratic Presidential candidate and has a Democrat for a Governor but has a GOP-dominated legislature. It didn't take me 16 months to get a permit to buy handguns here like it did in NY but that permit in NY was good to carry a gun everywhere in the state except NYC. I don't see myself being "approved" for a carry permit by the Sheriff of this county so I don't even bother.

Supermonkey--you kill me man! It reminds me of the time I was at a party (in my younger days--'bout five years ago) and forgot to zip up my fly. The burning ash from my cigar fell right into my trousers. You've never seen a man jump so high in his life.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bulz, I happen to have some of the subject matter in question. If I won't be violating any state laws by mailing you some, I'd do that. Email me you address.

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website